S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
My Truck Bitches!!!!!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my 98 sonoma. Starting working on my truck again this winter. Bagged the front and back around last august and decided to go all out this winter. Don't have much time to work on it with high school and work but I do what I can. So far I've put dual sandens on it and started the body work. My dads helping me with the body work because I'm not that good at welding and haven't done bodywork ever. Its been fun learning and I can't wait to get this truck done. So far I've shaved the doors (AVS kit), relocated the tailgate handle, shaved the third brake light, and fixed some minor dings and dents. Still gotta sand all the bondo down (want to wait until I can pull it outside so i don't get my garage really dirty) and weld in my smooth rollpan and taillight fillers. I plan on putting 59 caddy bullet lights where the stock tails used to be. Started the wheel tubs this weekend. Got one in there but it isn't even welded in yet. Thats all my ranting and raving, I'll add more as I get it done. All comments are welcome.
Dan

Just got this beast a week ago and it is awesome. It cuts, rolls, and bends sheetmetal. Thing weighs like 500lbs.

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
nice man, i bet those sandens slow the truck down a lot when they're running tho lol. damn 2.2's

·
My Truck Bitches!!!!!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greenflameS10 said:
nice man, i bet those sandens slow the truck down a lot when they're running tho lol. damn 2.2's
Haven't been able to hook them up yet cause I gotta mount my tanks and plumb everything. It'll probably be as fast as a go-kart when they turn on though LOL. Who cares though 2.2s were never that fast anyway.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice truck, though IMO the Chrome grille looks mucho better, was yours painted when you got it or originally chrome?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
man wtf is all that stuff on top of your tank :dunno:

·
My Truck Bitches!!!!!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a little bit done today. My dad took his car out of the garage and was messing around with it all today. Here are some pics of it.

Since he was busy all day we didn't get to weld in the wheel tubs but both are fitted and ready to be welded in. Got my stock seats out a month ago and got some mid 90s saturn buckets to go in their place. I'm not completely done but I got them sitting in there and should have them done pretty soon.

Here is a pic of the headliner. I painted it with fabric and vinyl paint from Murrays when I had it out to weld in the third brake light filler. Looks pretty good with the tan visors and handle.

Got more wire for the welder today so gonna try and finish up the wheel wells either tomorrow or Wednesday. Thats about it tell me what ya think.
Dan

·
My Truck Bitches!!!!!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: Got the rollpan welded in and the taillight fillers in today. Took the bed back off on Tuesday and have been busting my butt trying to get as much as possible done. Got the notch cover and wheel tubs all done. Made a 2 gal. tank out of some 4 inch pipe to sit between the frame rails for a little more air capacity. Dad's got the camera so the only pictures I got right now are of the air tank and one wheel tub. I'll post the rest of the pics up tomorrow before I leave for Lansing.

Still gotta grind the welds down on the wheel tubs, rollpan, and light fillers but she should be ready for paint in a month.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
thats a cool idea about the pipe tankit is one of those things that make you go hmmmm :tup:

·
My Truck Bitches!!!!!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are some more pictures of stuff me and my dad have gotten done. We made a notch cover from aluminum that turned out really well. When the bed is completely done I'm going to have it rhinolined and undercoated underneath.

Here is a picture of the taillight fillers from cando. The driver's side one fit perfect but the passenger one had some pretty big gaps. Nothing too bad and defintely worth 40 dollars. Still gotta grind the welds and bondo but it didn't warp the body at all welding them in there.

These last pictures are of the rollpan. After we got it all welded in we were moving the bed with a cherrypicker and four straps and the hook on the cherrypicker broke and the bed fell. It fell right on the rollpan and put a pretty big dent in it. We got most if it pounded out but it still needs a little more work. I was ready to kill someone when it happened. Anyways here are the pics.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
it coming along :tup:

·
2 LAYLO
848 Posts
did you run beads on the mirror fillers and the roll pan ?

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
Jered91s10 said:
did you run beads on the mirror fillers and the roll pan ?
ya i thought u ewre just supposed to tack them in... how the hell did u not warp the body if u ran a bead

1 - 20 of 105 Posts