S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright welll i used to have a project thread but it prolly got deleted cuz i am moving so slow on this. so i am starting this one.

i have a red 98 ss that i bought back in 05. didnt really plan to do to much to it other than maybe a few minor mods. in 06 i bought a rollpan from stylin concepts. (dont burn me i didnt know better haha). and its been on there ever since. just recently i shaved my gate. lowered it 4/5.5 and put clear corners on it.

my future plans for it are. another 2 inches in the front. (i used 3 inch 4 banger springs thats why i can still go another 2 with spindles.) 18 inch black rims. flat black paint with some red pinstriping. rag top, headers for true duals, suicide hood and doors, possibly caddy lights and a flush bed cover. here is what my truck looks like so far.

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright so i decided that i am not gunna do a suicide hood. i am going to do a side opening hood. now all i gotta do is figure out how to do this. i read the thread on the guy from acraphobia(sp) and he said he used maxima trunk hinges. but i just need some better explaining than what he gave. so any help would be greatly apriciated

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really clean looking truck
thanks. yea its got a pretty clean body and everything other than a couple small dings from various hauls. soon tho it probably wont look so perty. ahah. more primer than paint will be on there. but thats ok thats what this is all about right. buildin a dream. atleast thats what it is for me. everyday i keep wanting more than what was in my original plans. like gas tank shave. cali combo. atena and 3rd brakelight shave. hopefully i can get it all done pretty soon. im going to start havin a couple more expenses comin up that is gunna set me back on the truck. so we will see

·
Huh?
1,169 Posts
That's look sweet. Good stance, clean paint, straight body. I wish mine was still that low. The front of mine raised up about an inch with the spindles and zq8 springs.

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well after being up for over 40 hours. i decided to to something to my truck. by the way me being up that long always turns into me doing something i shouldnt be doing, so this time i decided that i was going to paint my dash bezel.

so now my dash is in my garage all sanded down and pretty smooth. gotta go over it one more time with the 180 and then ill prolly do some 400. and then i can finally spray. and god damn my arms were sore after doing that.

so hopefully ill have pics soon of a painted dash

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i decided that painting them is not enough and i am making them completely smooth and covering all the vents and other items. so everything is smooth other than my stereo. this should be very interesting haha

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn i found my old thread. i shall bring it back to life since i have money again.

alright since i first made this thread some things have changed. not really aprearance wise tho.

oh and pretty much completely changed my mind on what i said i was going to do. i am very indesisive.

my mirrors are no longer primer grey. they are now black. i have a completely smoooth dash bezel. only think in it is the flip out screen. no more ac or heat. mounted the computer and over flow on the firewall. put on asp underdrive pulleys, cold air intake, BnM shift plus shift kit. ac and idler pulley delete. throttle body mod. dehumped control arms. 225/50/16 up front and 255/50/16 in the rear. took about 100lbs off weight off from misc parts that arent neccisary anymore.

new plans (for now atleast. until i change my mind)

2.5 y pipe
high flow cat
super 40
efan
big 3
cold air brake ducts
redo front and rear suspension
hptune or chip
switch to floor mount slap shifter
cowl hood

ill get some updated pics soon

·
-=-
3,175 Posts
Does your filter fall off alot? I originally did something simular using the rubber elbows. Only problem is under WOT they contract. I'd look into a inexpensive ebay intake atleast.

BTW, IMO I would just go for a clean subtile modifications instead of hacking up a nice SS.
1st to respond!!
caddy lights are wack and played out
I fully agree.
haha then what do you sugest i do. cuz i dont want my stock lights
Bermuda or Brazilian tails or factory style LEDs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts