S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i picked up my dime for 400$ back in the summer. and it sat for a bit unloved.......well now i've felt the need to show it some love with a new front end :p . The fenders and rad core were shot to hell. so i slapped on new fenders and a core along with core support bushings, a new radiator and heater core. Progress will be slow but i want it done right the first time. pics below or check out my site http://www.freewebs.com/sdimekid/s10.html

Before

Tear down

The rebuild

And as she sits now

·
murse
13,200 Posts
good start man. wut else is in store for this thing?

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s10fan2000 said:
good start man. wut else is in store for this thing?
basically get it put back together and on the road since i haven't driven it at all. since im in school for autobody im gunna remove all the cancer i can in the cab ( cab corners and mounts and floor pan) then the firewall needs desperate attention. Im also looking for some buckets to replace the bench.

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for the motor i want to drop a 350tbi in if i can get the funds for it. but first order is to get it on the road and cancer free....its a rough site to see but its worth it

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
* UPDATE* well its all back together minus the interior but it should be on the road soon enough......any know if mustang seats will work in a dime? i might be able to get them cheap or some firebird seats

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
sdimedrivin said:
let me know what you think
Would a whole bedside of been easier?
Looks like a fun project for an autobody student!

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well this is in need of a update if anyone is following. pics will follow but i've gotten the bed done and the rockers and cab corners done along with fabing the cab mounts up. it needs to be done by this thursday because im goin on break. it will be close:eek:

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I'm following,I subscribed.
Look forward too the pics!

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well heres some pics as said

bed all bondod up:rolleyes:

new cab corner welded in on passenger side

cab corner marglassed in on drivers side.

my cab mounts i fabed up

more pics to come and more work to be done. i plan on shaving thee entire body line and plan on a full skin and custom lights outback.....no sure what but ideas are welcome.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Looks good man,people just dont realize how much resto type work goes into these trucks before we can make them KOOL :cool:
Keep it up man!

·
^ i wish i was ^
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well its been a hella long time since a update......i've been drivin the truck off n on.......first gear is a bitch on it now. but i got some cavy seats for it and alls i need are the tracks from a s10 i believe. still workin on the body line. i'll be starting a new jon on wed. at body shop so i'll have more time. so post up with ideas people

1 - 16 of 16 Posts