S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
stone the crow...
3,251 Posts
You need a sandblaster... and lots of sand. grinding isn't a very good way to get rid of rust. Especially on body panels that are thin to start off with.
sandblaster and thin sheetmetal, man that is a good combination for panel warp right there. Unless you are using a softer media then you are ok. Your truck is comming along nicely though.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've never warped a panel with a sandblaster, but then again if I had a panel that was seriously rough shape I would toss it. It's true when they say rust is a disease, or cancer because if you don't get rid of ALL of it, then it will just come back.

·
Same Poop,Different Scoop
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
its five star brand something er other, lol. ill go check what it is.

today im gonna button up the interior and rattle can the inner fenders, not going to reinstall em though till i drop it just to make it easy to remove the shocks, i might pull the blower box today to rattle can it as well

·
Same Poop,Different Scoop
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
3/3 kit coming, 119.65 shipped. im gonna pul a leaf as well to level it out

and on to todays progress

picked up a 2nd gen console for a 5speed, gonna chop it up and fiberglass it back together to fit

pulled the bed and cleaned up the frame, going to paint it tomorrow or thursday

that aint gonna work

much much better

and shes gonna sit like that till the drop is done, parts will be in tomorrow, gonna wait till sunday to tackle it, till then im gonna rattlecan the frame and work on the console

stay tuned

21 - 40 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.