S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Same Poop,Different Scoop
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this beauty up today for $300 :)

It belonged to a buddy who is off in Kosovo working and its been sitting for a few months, he came home for a couple weeks and sold me the truck minutes before we dropped him off at the airport.

Plans are rust repair and scrub the interior clean ( full of mildew hence the name ).
Slap in a new headliner and sand down the interior smooth and paint it gloss black and grab some bucket seats to get rid of the tired old bench. (any suggestions to use?) and make a console to house a couple subs
Suicide the hood (had the hinges laying around for quite a while) and install a rollpan.
It going to get either a 3/4 or 5/6 drop depening on cash this week
Paint is either going to go back to white or possibly a 2 tone white/black with colormatched grill and bumper.
also going to get a bedliner of some sort and a tonnou cover, prolly a soft one

and on to the pics

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok enough of how it looked this afternoon, all of this happened about 10 seconds after i got it home and took about 2 hours or so. parts and money willing this thing should be dropped and primered in around a month with the rollpan and shiznit on it.

ground out the cancer

more grinding

and some more

so much better

after the first orund od DAing

where did the headliner go?

now where did i put that darn seat

what carpet?

i love the vacuum

mmmm, makes you breathe funny

and finnally first coat of primer, although we never used this gun before so its gonna need some touching up

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx guys, when i drop it the beds coming off since theres a smal problem of no tailpipe to deal with and the frames gonna get cleaned up and painted and such, same with the arms and such in the front, the entire inside is being bleached out to kill the fungus .

not bad for a couple hours of work

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hell naw. the worst part of the rust is the antennea hole which im shaving anyways, all the other spots are not all the way through so we ground it down and hit it some converter and then filler.

trucks runs pretty damned strong for a duke, has a new clutch and fuel pump so the 2 big things are taken care of already. no power steering though which sucks and no a/c. damned base model

·
N*gg* stole my bike
53 Posts
Looks like my truck when I got it. I think mine had a little more cancer though.

Good luck man.

·
"The SUPER"
114 Posts
man, you cant beat that price. looks like a great project. keep it up

·
Broke Missionary
201 Posts
thats is one big ugly, i'll be great when you are done

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well went to the junk yard yoday and scored big time
all of this was 110 bux!!

1st up we have

black shift handle
ashtray (mine was missing)
and rearview with the map lights, i thought it would be nice to have some extra lights for when i drop crap all the time

next we have

a nice bumbper from a blazer with a recessed hitch, itll look a lot better that whats on it now and wont break in a fender bnder like a rollpan like i was gonna get

then we have the

bucket seats from a noma, sorry for the crap pic (no flash), they dropped right in and are in really good shape, no rips or crap

and lastly i got

a skinned and shaved gate :) its in great shape say for a tiny bit of surface rust which isnt a big deal since it needs to be painted anyways

drop kit should be here sometime this next week and ill be suiciding the hood , shaving the antenna, and starting a center console in the next few days

anyone know where to get an extended shifter boot? i need one about twice as tall as stock

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got some done today, gotta go to work though:(

better shot of the seats, the drivers side is all bolted down, i gotta drill the hole for the pass, then take em out to put the carpet in

and i got the bumper and tailgate on, i had to take off the hitch as it wouldnt work since the bumper holes didnt line up so i had to make new ones, wouldnt trust towing off it, plus its a 4 banger anyways

tomorrow should see the interior put back together and the hood started hopefully, and some more primer lol

·
Registered
964 Posts
You need a sandblaster... and lots of sand. grinding isn't a very good way to get rid of rust. Especially on body panels that are thin to start off with.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts