S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good evening gents, well this isnt my first project but far from one ive done in a while as im in the Marine Corps and currently deployed in Afghanistan for the second time..ive had a stockflored 91s10 fetured in MT under construction and i aslo own the 95 toytota built by Sadistic Iron Werks that has been to SEMA...ill give you some back ground of the truck along with pics...my buddy was suppose to work on this while i was gone but he had work that had him out of town constantly...ill be home for almost 3 weeks so im going to work on it when i return back home....

Heres the downlow of what i got so far!

-91 s10 with orginal 32000 miles..auto 2.5...it is in the best shape ive ever seen.
- Suicidedoors full canti backhalf kit
- Suicidedoors upper and lower control arms
-2 inch drop spindles
-Michigan Metal Works no notch tie rods although i may have to massage the frame a bit for the wheels.
- as for air management i have a AZ compressor, 3/8 smc valves, chrome 5 gallon tank..etc basically the same good stuff...i believe im going to upgrade to a new dual compressor kit...
- Suicidedoors tubs
-slam re-7s all the way around with sd upper cups...basic stuff there
- Waylayed full chrome mastercylinder/booster set up

- Wheels are Incubus 22x8.5 Raceline Deceptive wheels with 255/30/22 tires

- B.A.D full billet steering wheel, billet handles, billet flamed mirror from previous build

Whats going on everyone this is a old thread when i was in fact putting 24s on the truck but when i got home i received the wrong offset for the wheels so i just made my own whitewalls using a rat rod spray paint theme which they sorta yellow over time and look old which i thought was cool so i did it and it came out well...i said no to the 24s because i was kind of discouraged about it the offset and after i had the tires mounted and adapters wouldnt work after machine work.

Me and a friend fully bagged this truck in less than a week and thats done and driving..pretty good time but a few late nights.

Im currently on my 2nd deployment in Afghanistan right now and im going to be buying more parts for the s10 as i get of of the Marine Corps next May, so im going a different route and getting some billet wheels and going to run a v8 that my friend is in the works of finding and ill order parts while over...i just wanted to keep this thread going somewhat while overseas...thanks for looking and checking me out!

Pics are on the way...i have more at home but this is mainly the back half work of it

·
Banned
994 Posts
re: Project 91 s10 laid on 24s, SD canti kit..currently in Afghanistan!

Those white walls looking good!

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Its great to be back on the forum, although ive been in Afghanistan for about 3 weeks i have a journey but this second journey here will allow funds to build this thing further on...i had a bagged 02 tacoma that i sold right before i came out here so im debt free so let the part buying begin....with time of course lol

im also really considering on going with a 24 considering i have tires that have 20ft on them lol...but a 22 would suit it better but a 24 would just be like why lol but why not to i dont really know what i wanna do...

either way the raceline line of wheels is great and there special buys for a 3 piece billet 24 built to my specs is about the same as a 22 new style of the deceptive built to my specs...and i can get a 24x8 even....i dunno its really iffy to choose but i got plenty of time! thanks again gents

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ive actually talked to the guy who owns that on my last deployment through a few emails....heres my deal im in no way a backspace master and ive looked up so many threads its not even funny lol but last time i got screwed because of a wrong offset but i did have to run a adapter which im not a fan of at all but still yet they didnt work so whatever there...i hate trimming fenders like where they roll at the openings especially on the bed because i just think its badass when a truck can tuck the wheels in the bed without trimming the bedside to a paper thin piece of sheet metal...

the Raceline 24s i can get in a 8 inch width but i do what some dish i cant lie...ive heard a 5 inch backspacing on a 8.5 would work fine...i dont want it hitting the notch obviously but i wanna be able to lay the ass end out when the front is up without rubbing the top of the bedside as usually what happens on a rockered first gen...trust me it happened to me when i put 22s in the rear...i guess what im trying to say is...hold and pause for effect lol

I want opinions on everyones backspacing information..98layinframe is the man when it comes to wheel options but ive bothered him enough lol and if anything if i got it to deep i could space them is another thing but would prefer not to but if its what it takes then so be it.

Here are the wheels im considering or would basically get if i go with the 24...check it

These are billet forged and chromed

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts

Those wheels are the shit! On my '91 I had 8.5" wide rims with a +35mm offset and I utilized a 1/2" spacer to give them the perfect offset on a 1st gen (it equates to a +22.3mm offset, or right around 5.5" backspacing). I don't think 5" of backspacing would be enough to fully tuck an 8.5" wide wheel on a 1st gen, so if you can get those 24s in a 5.5" backspacing I'd def say go for it, because they look BADASS

Then get yourself some 255/30-24 tires and you'll be set :tup:

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes! see right there...you have all your bed side lol....im a big fan of that not to mention i like the sucked in look....alright bro ill do it...with time these will be ordered i just gotta send an email to greg at raceline....im going to go with a 24x8 with a 5.5 backspacing...if you notice in that wheel pic they have little spikes around the lug nut holes, they offer that smooth also and im going to go with the smooth look....looks cleaner in my opinion..

and i have a brand new set of 255/30/24s already :)

·
Registered
89 Posts

Subscribed for more. Looks good.

Keep your head down over there. Stay safe.

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

They will be 24x8, im waiting on a email currently to set up some things then should be ordering within a couple weeks! and thanks for the kind words behemoth

layinbody-thanks for all the help bro, seriously

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts

They will be 24x8, im waiting on a email currently to set up some things then should be ordering within a couple weeks! and thanks for the kind words behemoth

layinbody-thanks for all the help bro, seriously
Well... the backspacing info I gave you was for an 8.5" wheel. If you get 8" wheels they will be sucked in from the outside of the body an additional 1/2" if you keep the 5.5" backspacing. And as it is on a 1st gen the wheel to frame clearances are really tight, so if you're only going with an 8" wheel you may want to get 5" of backspacing to keep the wheels a bit farther off the frame, however, with running a 255 on an 8" wheel, the tires will be bulged a bit more than if they were on an 8.5" wheel so that will add more between the rim and bedside if you go the 8" wheel/5" backspacing route. The info I found though doesn't even show the wheels offered in an 8" width tho:

http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-615-24-alcl-multi-piece-chrome.aspx

Personally if I were you I would go for the 8.5" width because it will fit the tires you already have better than an 8" width would. Then just go with the 5.5" backspacing and you'll be set :)

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thats a good call, yeah i was kinda thinking about that after i posted. So yeah i could for sure go with a 8.5 with a 5.5 then it would technically be the same more or less....so im tracking with what you got going on...i should have an email by tomorrow so im waiting...thanks dude

·
<>Severed TIES<>
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

layinbody- Ive talked to Raceline some more, and with the newer style of raceline wheels which im quite fond of lol i can get a great deal to but it only comes in a 24x9...is this pushing it when it comes to fitment being close to the frame...the wheels i have currently are 24x9 and if they were the right bolt pattern i could see them working quite well but what offset do you think would be proper for a 9 inch wheel or do you think it would be dumb i mean this is the style of wheel i originally started going with...check it!

1 - 20 of 536 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.