S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1156 Posts

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my buddy Jeremy's truck, it's become my new project with the help of my little brother (drivewaydime), my friend Taylor with the sfbd 93 toyota, and Jeremy. The truck has a set of 20" chrome wheels with 225/35/20 Wanli tires (in the corner for now).

The truck is bone stock, '86 ext. cab s10, 2.8 FI Automatic. The truck came with the 13 gallon gas tank, no AC, and no carpet. It's the bare bones dime. We're doing everything you can think of to the truck. First item, shaving. Everything will be gone, bodyline, tailgate, bumpers, handles, cab seams, antenna, locks, gas door, shaved firewall, and I'm debating on shaving off the front bumper and building a smooth front lower fascia.

Next soon afterwards, full air setup with CanDo 6 link, modified stock arms in front, AZ compressors, and front/back setup with stock swaybar.

Finally, the bodydrop, Jeremy is still debating on stockfloor (he doesn't want to pay me a little bit more, but i think i can talk him into it with the help of the rest of the guys. Either way, it's getting a BD to the rockers and tubbed firewall. Sometime later this year we'll install vintage heat behind the dash.

On with the pics of what we've done in about 12 hours of work so far over the course of a few weeks. We only get to work on this a few nights a week because he works alot and has a fiance.

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also fully braced the rear skin, angle iron along the top and bottom.

His friend also ripped us some strips of 16 ga. that we have been welding in for the bodyline, this is some tedious shit, but it's gonna look good after a coat of filler and some more sanding

The Skin and fillers are from FBI and the LED's are already wired up, along with an H4 headlight conversion for '93 model.

FBI taillight fillers fit like shit by the way! I had to cut/bend the hell out of them to even get them close to fitting. :rant:

·
just got laid
921 Posts
matt just likes to bitch a lot
we did get his front inner fenders out and his heater blower which will soon be modded to run on either my truck or matts
the whole drivers side upper bodyline is welded up and should be gettin the pass. side done within a week
we'll post some more pics tomorrow since it's late

i need to quit going over there with matt b/c i always get talked into railin the hell out of my truck
pics of that soon too

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sdime98 said:
looks good matt....makes me want a 1st gen more and more every time i see threads like this
thanks man

you'll get to see alot more in this thread and my other project thread

(puttin up pics in a minute there of other stuff i've been doing)

·
NVRBDUN
917 Posts
sadexcuse4s10 said:
FBI taillight fillers fit like shit by the way! I had to cut/bend the hell out of them to even get them close to fitting. :rant:
I hear ya. Mine fit like shit too. :rant: by the time I got them lined up I had like a 1/4" or more gap at the top. I had to fill this and that is why I started shaving the bodyline on my truck.

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
definately lookin good..^_^ i liek it...

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,225 Posts
jman said:
cool project:tup: i'm a sucker for 1st gens.
:stupid: i wanna see where this thing goes..tryingt to figure out how an s10 would lookwith a shaved front bumper... :dunno: it might look kinda funny...

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
FrameScrape89s10 said:
:stupid: i wanna see where this thing goes..tryingt to figure out how an s10 would lookwith a shaved front bumper... :dunno: it might look kinda funny...
hey, i'm not stupid :rant: :D

1 - 20 of 1156 Posts