S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So i was snow wheeling my 2000 zr2 and the front diff blew (** 33s) and then my motor started knocking like a *.

So ive been collecting parts for awhile now,
I have a 5.3 out of a 05 avalanch
And a d44/d60 out of a 79 f250.
63" chevy leafs for the rear
Dakota leafs up front.
Plus lots of odds and ends.

I had swapped a 95 nv3500 in my s10 but i doubt it will handle the mighty v8. Does anyone know how much taller a nv4500 is?
Im wanting to stick with a manual that is stong enough without chopping my tunnle up. Ive been digging through threads abd cant seam to find anything. Worst case senerio i can do a body lift although it is not preferred.

I still have many parts to collect, so its going to be awhile. Im hoping to do most of it this summer. Feel free to post any advice or possible parts or anything cool. Im always on researching somthing, and it would be nice discuss my builds with some knowledgeable builders.

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

·
Hardhead
867 Posts
I think the NV3500 will work if you play nice with it. The full size NV3500 as far as I know just has different gearing. The NV4500 is the next step up and is found in the mid size trucks. It's physically bigger and heavier from what I've read on it. I doubt the "mighty" v8 is going to break the trans unless your trying to do a lot of power shifting with it which it's not made to do and it won't hurt those axles at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to be a hard wheeler. Plus im looking for more reliably. i dont plan on 4 grand slam, when i throw 37s or 39s on the truck. i just dont trust the transmission. In my opinion it will be the "weak link". The nv4500 is the only other cheapish option that is geared good. I figure when i do the 5.3 swap, ill have it mounted to the nv4500 and possibly recess the eninge down 2ish inches, and put a 1 inch body lift for a little extra ckearance. Ill most likely have to knotch the frame for the exhaust and a/c compressor. I have enought steel to reinforce the frame.

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts