S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a POS camera from santa clause!!!

Here is some progress pics, I'll have more when I regain my sanity, lol after a 13 hour drive from indiana to here I need to... The reason the welds look so ugly is because I'm using .030 flux core which is a little bit big for sheetmetal but does good anyways, the tub pictures are completly layed out with 24" wheel and tire combo, everything is 16 guage so its nice and strong, I'll start back on it soon....

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are 225/50/15's which if I can remember right is like 23.7" or more.... but I've noticed that most people with first gens usually have a 24" combo like 215/35/28 or something like that, so I have a decent amount of room for tire when I get a set of 18's....

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got bored so I went outside and cut my hood to clear the motor, tomorrow I'll weld the sides on it, I'm doing a 4", and I'm going to cap the back side of it off as well.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of it, one of them is the electric fan I had laying around and plan on using, the other is a u-joint I plan on putting on my steering column in place of the old one which I also had laying around.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
woo!!! I wanna see side shots with teh bed on!?

·
Registered
180 Posts
not bad...
those body mount supports are a bitch to patch up huh
lol have fun
check out my thread

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still having problems with it hitting but for the most part its ok, I think I'm going to notch it out more in order for the joint to not hit, due to the fact that I still have another 3/4" to go before it lays frame as well, so I'm gonna have to get this resolved, btw that joint is off of my old honda crx, you can also see my crapy notch for the master cylinder.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks good I like how u are doing it all. Why are u going to cap the back of the hood off. Why not leave it off so u can get some more air to the motor?

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
because it will look cleaner than having that thin sheetmetal right there, plus I want it just as strong as it was stock, so I'm going to get some square tube and weld it between the rise on each side to add support, I want it to where I could stand on it if I had to.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a few more pics of the hood now that I'm starting to get it back into one piece, my radiator hose still hits, but I'll solve that by cutting that support thing out, I like the way its going to look, I just need to get all my crap straightened out because I get so side tracked, lol I think I have ADD, I do one thing and half way through it I start on another....

·
Registered
677 Posts
On my 2.5 with a body drop i used a thermostat housing off a camaro tpi setup. It lowers it like 3 inchs from the hood. Ill send you some pics tommorrow. Along with the column shaft.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok thanks man, I may not even worry about getting a different thermo housing, because I had a chrome one off of a small block and the holes didnt quite line up...

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ahh I can get them, but its kidna bad right now....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts