226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little before shot of it laid out and different color cab

my set up in the rear

finally cab matches the rest of the truck after 4 years

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
nice color choice, looks good so far, not sure about the reverse 4 butt i have never had one personally

i was about to say shave that damn 3rd brake light but i see in the painted pic u did

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
flip that reverse link setup around to a levered forward 4 link setup, and then it will be a damn nice truck. Everything else looks good. :tup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks hot, the reverse 4 will be fine, don't listen if people flame you for it. Its not like this is gonna be a racecar, or something you wanna pull 4 lateral g's with in the corners. Just drive sencibly and I'm sure you will love it.

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
Yeah the reverse 4 will be fine. BUT u do need to gusset them bag mounts man, i noticed the drivers side is bent real bad. U put enough stress on that and one day you twist the frame real bad, or worse, rip the frame or rip the bag mount right off. Id suggest like 1x2 bars goinacross the top of the mounts from side to side in order to keep them down. Just beat the one back in place and use some 1x2 or 1x1 box and go striaght across side to side for more support....

But now that i look again, it might look like ur bags come above the palte when u lay out...U could find a way to run gussets i guarentee it.

I had the same thing happen to my mounts when i had em on my notch but not supported on top, they bent like that and i actually put 2 small stress cracks in the bag plate from it takin such a beating. SO i beat it back, welded it up, and put some supports in.....And now i just cut em off and replaced em lol.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
looks good man doesn't feel good to finally be able to lay out, i remember the first time I saw my truck touch the ground, It was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen LOL

·
daily dragger
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i had that reverse 4 link in their for a year and a half never gonna flip it itr has about 12000 daily driven miles trouble free i might add. **** the nah sayers if you do it right it always works. but thanks for the compliments from all

·
murse
13,200 Posts
looks good man. love the color.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
1lowryd said:
yeah i had that reverse 4 link in their for a year and a half never gonna flip it itr has about 12000 daily driven miles trouble free i might add. **** the nah sayers if you do it right it always works. but thanks for the compliments from all
Everyone always says, 'if you do it right...', but I've never found any suspension books or manuals or any engineers that have been able to tell me how to do it right, so can you tell me how to set one up right?

Sincerely,
n00b @ r3v3rs3 links

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Everyone always says, 'if you do it right...', but I've never found any suspension books or manuals or any engineers that have been able to tell me how to do it right, so can you tell me how to set one up right?

Sincerely,
n00b @ r3v3rs3 links
and dougs lego illustration shows exactly why

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
SlammedDime said:

Sincerely,
n00b @ r3v3rs3 links
Still waitin.............

·
daily dragger
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
slammed dime i could tell you how to do it right but i would still charge you the same amount as if i done it for you

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
1lowryd said:
slammed dime i could tell you how to do it right but i would still charge you the same amount as if i done it for you
ahh... ok... so this is something that only the elite high end installers and fabricators know how to do properly then. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

·
IT IS SUCH CHOICE
236 Posts
shall i kick you in the head now or later for that 4 link install?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts