S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Never-Ending Project
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shortblock came back from the machine shop today, so I went and took some photos.

It looks so sad and empty...

So much rust, but most of it's being replaced

The block was bored .020 and got new Speedpro forged aluminum pistons (9.6-1 ratio). There's an Edelbrock cam inside, and it's got a double-roller timing chain. The heads are getting a good valve job, pocket porting, and port matching 2" into the new Edelbrock intake. They should be done tomorrow. When I get the flow #'s from the heads I'll post them.

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
nothing better looking than a freshly machined engine, except maybe a freshly rebuilt motor roaring down the track at 100 mph

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
beauty!

·
Never-Ending Project
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Longblock pics!

New pictures of the longblock. Everything's coming together quickly now. I don't think I'll be able to use my throttle body spacer with the Edelbrock intake, I'll probably need a cowl hood for that. Hopefully the TBI and intake will fit without rubbing (at least no more than it did with the spacer).

A close up of the #2 exhaust port. I wasn't able to get pictures of the heads off the block...they didn't waste any time putting them on.

I still don't have the exact flow #'s from the heads (the guy at the machine shop didn't print them out) I should have them by Saturday. They are right around 200 cfm, though.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
holy hell i never realized how big out pistons are...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts