S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am to slow!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 S-10 4WD it is stock except for a TBI spacer. I was wondeing if I should go with the Hypertech Programmer and chip or headers and exhaust? which gives better power? which is more worth the money? if anyone out there can help i would appriciate it.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
the hypertech programmers are only for 96+ 4.3s
you can probably get a chip for a good price these days. i seen some in the clearance section at summit racing for like $10. ads chips.not sure if they are any good though.

·
I am to slow!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already called hypertech and they said they have a chip and programmer for my truck? Then is the chip better than headers and exhuast? Horsepower wise.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
IMHO, go with the headers and exhaust. You should start there anyway. After you get a bit more done, then get the chip.

·
Registered
287 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
IMHO, go with the headers and exhaust. You should start there anyway. After you get a bit more done, then get the chip.
exactly what he said, i am not even sure if the chip would operate to full capacity if you dont have a decent air filter, some headers and exhaust.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I dont bother to use the PP3 Engine Tuning.. Besides the fact that the gas blows down here... It didnt make enough of a difference to warrant using the tuning.. So I say intake, headers, hi-flow cat (maybe none at all?) and exhaust.

·
Cali Member
50 Posts
No cats in Cali? :nono: FATTY FINE BRO..

although it didn't stop me from running an off-road X-pipe on my 95 Stang for 2 years LOL... too much risk though, atleast run a decoy catalytic, you know a cat shell sitting over a straight pipe lol... hope i didn't stray too off topic

headers and exhaust, you will FEEL more of a difference with those components than a programmer. Plus as it was stated previously, the exhaust is usually the BEST place to start.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I think no cats anywhere is a hefty fine. Here its $25,000 for the owner of he vehicle and $25,000 for the guy that did the work. I plan un gutting mine. That way they are gonna have to do some work to figure it out...hehehe...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Well damn, here in redneckville, nobody has a cat on their big ******* trucks. :)

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
And the orig. poster is not from Cali.. Like MT really gives a sh!t about pollution... and even if I did, my truck is a NY truck still, haha. Wheres that race only S/C at?? :)

·
I am to slow!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate that emissions crap, we have to have cats but must shops just give you a bolt in straight pipe to replace it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts