S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's all got a Procharger on their newer s-series?? Saw a guy from STL who had one, and now I've got to get one. My question would be what can I do before I get it to get the most out of it?? (kind of intake, exhaust, etc...)

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on fellas, surely someone has an opinion??? Can anyone help me out??? (need more speed :D)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't have one because I don't really...

know what I would have to fabricate to fit my CPI. But as to your question, yes you need free flow exhaust, a good cat back or better yet headers and a good cat back. Plenty of brands to choose from but I like the Edelbrock TES with JetCoat. I think with the ATI Procharger setup that MachPerformance sells that the high flow intake is part of the package. You should also consider a good aftermarket ignition system including a better coil and wires. You could also benefit from porting and polishing heads, roller rockers, cam designed for blower, and a custom chip or programming. Of course none of this may apply since I don't have a clue what year and engine you have (no sig info).

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops, my bad..

Oops, I forgot to mention that part :rolleyes:. I've got a 2000 GMC Sonoma, 4.3L

I guess I should contact MachPerformance to find out what all is and is not included in the package. I was just today looking at getting an AirRaid intake, but I don't want to end up getting something I'll eventually be replacing.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Kind of help me get going in the right direction :D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tell you what, ive been around supercharging for a while and can say it is much easier on the internals than any nitrous step up, hands down. anyone that tells you different simply doesnt know what they are talking about. that said, i have a '98 that is currently Vortech blown and Procharger intercooled. The Procharger is the better way to go since it has the intercooler. That is what I am currently adding to my Vortech setup, which in all likely hood will end up as a Procharger when it is done. The slightly higher initial cost will be more than off set when you consider two things. Bottles are useless whent they are at the wrong temperature and when they are empty. Blowers are power you have all the time. So save your cash and call Mach for a Procharger. I know I probably will when I purchase a new S10 in the very near future for a towing vehicle.

Dave

·
Drunk Member
27 Posts
Hey blown4.3, why do you feel that a blower is so much easier on your motor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
unlike nitrous which is either on or off, boost doesnt shock load the engines internals. blowers also do not run as hot as nitrous does. biggest thing with a blower is that you make sure it has the proper A/F ratio. and unless you are in the throttle, a blower motor runs on vaccuum just like any other engine.

·
Drunk Member
27 Posts
Hmm good info. I've been wondering why can you supercharge a motor and make it double it's output, but you would bassically be a mad man to try the same with N2O? What about progrressive controllers like the NOS mastermind or the Venom kits? Just things I think about while I slave away on these dam aircraft during the day.

Maybe I should be thinking about fixing them come to think of it.

·
Drunk Member
27 Posts
I work on the government trash heap code named:
B-1B bomber
and C-13O's (AKA Hercules, for those of you reading in who might not know).
I'm Sheetmetal. Or Airframe.
What's it like working AC on the outside? I here all kinds of good things from people at work, but then again they have never done it.
Where I'm at now we do everything (regarding where), Line maintenance (ahhh line mantenance), backshop, major maintenance, and phased inspections (full on schedulled inspections- this is where you get to crawl in the wierdest places and do the wierdest things).

·
Slammed '88
14 Posts
well on my old extreme I did intake first and then headers ect. before my blower and i must say it was nothing without the intake:)

·
Slammed '88
14 Posts
Well a k&n cone with a cold air box, i'll see if I got a picture for you at work later. I really suggest you do the intake! you'll be surprise by the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts