S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a 10 psi procharger set up today i should see it in about 2-3 weeks.i cant waiti am ready to chop up some 8cyl :boom:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
post some pics of the install when it's done

·
Registered
664 Posts
it does not say anything about an application for the 4.3l v6. Why are you choosing procharger over vortec and powerdyne? I think vortec is not intercooled, does that make a big difference. And do you have to do any mods to your engine with the procharger?

·
Registered
96 Posts
catfish said:
it does not say anything about an application for the 4.3l v6. Why are you choosing procharger over vortec and powerdyne? I think vortec is not intercooled, does that make a big difference. And do you have to do any mods to your engine with the procharger?
It doesnt say anything about it because we are the only company that produces it. It is a Mach Performance kit, using a ProCharger head unit.

Vortec is non-intercooled (although you can buy one seperately) and it does make a big difference. Intercooling allows higher and safer boost levels while still using pump gas. You do not need to upgrade your engine in order to use the supercharger.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey guys... sorry, this is a dumb question.... i know what s/c's do and what turbos do, but what the hell is a procharger??? is it like a cheap way of gettin around the others??? how much??? and what else do ya have to modify on the engine... for example... i know that it's a real good idea to have an intercooler, or you might ruin somthin...

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Procharger is just a marketing name, its an honest-to-goodness S/C....the best on the market currently too:headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts