S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking into putting a procharger system onto my 1991 V8 S10 but i wanted to know if anyone has put one onto a carbed motor, will it fit? and what problems should i anticipate???
Thanks,
Sixer

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dunno about procharger but Vortec has a kit to put on of there s/c on a carbed motor.I saw it in Summit.The kit has a aluminum box that completely enclose the carb.

·
Registered
61 Posts
bring it back lol....just trying to see if anyone has done this...ive seen quite a few f-bodies, noves ect but they have more room than us......lol

·
Dangerous
5,658 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah i know i read it all. Us V8 guys dont have much room to work with. I was looking today at it and its possable*....well more than possable*....I wonder if they make kits that dont come with the tubeing? I imagine what they use wont fit under our hoods.....

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
I think its possible for sure. Just might have to work around some things, as I know room is scarce, but there is still plenty of it. You plan on doing a intercooler too?

·
Dangerous
5,658 Posts
jkvette719 said:
Yeah i know i read it all. Us V8 guys dont have much room to work with. I was looking today at it and its possable*....well more than possable*....I wonder if they make kits that dont come with the tubeing? I imagine what they use wont fit under our hoods.....
Of course its possible. They make a carburated universal "tuner" kit. It basically comes with the bracket to hold the head unit to the engine and the headunit itself and the crank pulley. You fab up the rest of the kit. Meaning you put together the fueling system and intake ducting and other misc. stuff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
this is a very long term goal....like work up to it...and yes wouldnt do it w/o the intercoolers. were are thinking about starting a small shop. be a good way to make a good name too.

·
One Bad Dude
872 Posts
In the newest chevy hi performance mag they have a carbed 355ci with a procharger that made 720hp and like 640ft lbs on i think 11 psi!!!!

·
Getting faster
1,220 Posts
The P1sc or D1SC will fit in there fine. I have inquired about them, and got the free literature on them from ATI. It includes diagrams detailing their measurements.

From all the ones Iv'e taken on my truck, it will fit no problem. BUT, they do require you to relocate your power steering pump. Essentially, lowering it down some. On my truck, as well as my other buddies V8 s-10 blazer, that would push the PS pump into the steering box.

From all the measurements I"ve taken, you wont' be able to run ps in the stock location with their carbed blower brackets. Thats with the stock v belt set up, since thats what the procharged kit was designed around.

Heres a truck with one.
http://www.turboconnection.com/showcase/s10/

I've talked with a guy from the s10 V8 forum, and he claims that the procharger kit for the TPI camaros will fit a V8 s10 with the tpi accessories. He has one on his camaro, and claims he didn't have to change any of the accessories, and it just mounts outward of the alt (on the left side of the truck, in front of the master cylinder.

But, I don't have any measurements for the camaro one. They dont include them with the TPI info, since it was made to fit specifically the camaro.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Just to give you some idea of how the ATI fits on a 350.

Granted that's in a Monte Carlo and not an S10, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit. That's a D1-SC by the way. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
thats kinda what i was wondering on the PS. I have that lit. too. Do you know what water pump they are running? Im guessing a short. What about P/S? I was thinking running one w. a remote Res. to clear up some room. Glad i saw those pic. Does Procharger make one that the air outlet goes out to the driverside like most of them pics? that would make things easier. They sar they have "Reversed" but im not sure whats reversed. Also i was going to run a serp. on the charger and V's on the others. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you're talking about rotating the discharge towards the motor, you simply remove the 7 bolts holding the housing on and reclock it like you would a turbocharger. The reverse rotation superchargers spin the opposite direction and must be mounted with the inlet towards the front of the vehicle instead of towards the rear like in the pictures. Mustangs and Corvettes mount the blowers in this fashion. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts