S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 1/4 mile times and hp and torque numbers are people running with the set up? I am really interested in purchasing this setup. Will it fit on a 2002, I don't think anything has changed?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
im trying to get 1/4 mile times on it but im sticking to nos and this new motor. the blower is 3999 and after shipping and extra things you havce to do im sure its close to 5000 (have to reprogram cpu) i just hope people run mid 12s at least with it because to run mid 13s for 5000 bucks dont think its worth it. but its a sweet set up. i know bills truck is gonna be fast because it has all internal work, but i havent yet seen a tuned in one that has run good 1/4 mile times./ either traction or it not running right was a problem

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Bret....Xtreme4pt3...ran a 14.3 with no traction on stock tires. Last time I saw his truck he had some fat 295 tires and traction bars so I'm sure he's in the 13's now.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i know about traction. his mph was 98 i think. he still need to get headers and y pipe and a bunch of stuff. like i said good times but after you do all the exhuast and stuff i hope you run mid 12s on 10 psi **** it try 12 psi lol.

tony

·
a blown member , dsi racing founder
61 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
i know about traction. his mph was 98 i think. he still need to get headers and y pipe and a bunch of stuff. like i said good times but after you do all the exhuast and stuff i hope you run mid 12s on 10 psi **** it try 12 psi lol.

tony
his mph was 96 and if anything he needs gear...hes still got the stock 3.08's. And I still think there is no way your gonna gain 3 to 4 seconds on a stock truck with that blower...not even at 15psi. Brett has a good handful of bolt ons and had the stock 245's on when he went down but even with 295's he will probably only be in the high 13's. Most guys who are running well with nos will tell u you need head work and possibly a cam to go 12's...well its the same for a blower...id say bill will come out in the mid to low 12's if not a shade quicker but your talking built motor and close to $10K if someone did it themself...im getting off track here. The bottom line is expect around 245hp at the rear wheels with minor bolt ons and probably high 13's with traction.

lata
Bill

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
definatly a cam is needed...I didn't realize how small the stock 4.3L cam is :rolleyes: :bash:

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is kinda off the subject but Mickey Flynn has a accell computer that he has a program for that allows him to pass smog and as soon as he pulls out of the testing place he uploads the good tables and bang he is done. :eek:

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
J_Rod said:
Bret....Xtreme4pt3...ran a 14.3 with no traction on stock tires. Last time I saw his truck he had some fat 295 tires and traction bars so I'm sure he's in the 13's now.
I thought he said back at the Springfield meet that he was running 13.8??

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That supercharger thing, WOW. For a truck that should run mid 15's stock and with boltons and a final gear ratio of 3:91 or more, it should be in the upper 14's, to spend $5000 grand for a second or more is tough. For that price you could get a mean head job, cam and have much left over and probably run high 13's. I think I would take the motor to the limits first, then decide on NOS or S/C after. If I wanted faster now for money, NOS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts