S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck started acting funny when I got off work tonight. It wasn't idling right, the oil pressure seemed a tad higher than normal, but not too high. The rough idle sorta went away after a while, but it would kinda miss/hesitate/stall at random times. I couldn't tell if the RPM's changed cause it would do it once real quick every now and then...no code has been set though. I can't tell if it's the engine, or if it's something in the drivetrain because it kinda feels like I were pushing and releasing the clutch very quickly.

If I'm not mistaken, the SES light should come on with all the other lights when you turn the key on and the engine is not running right? Where on the dash is the SES ligh located, because mine does not light up with the key on, which makes me wonder if the bulb is not working. If so, there's probably a DTC that I don't know about. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow, but I'd like to see if anyone can help me or has experienced the same thing.

Also, it's kinda making a whining/whistling, and just seems noisier than normal from the front of the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that does sound like the bulb is gone. i would have it checked out. did you buy the truck used? it should light up on the top middle of your gauge cluster. bright red that says "Service Engine Soon"

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it new with 30 miles on it, but I can't remember ever seeing the bulb light up with the key on.

·
WHAT DO YOU WANT
1,249 Posts
might be anything just tell when you start it up pop the hood and check if you hear like a zapping noise like an arc from your spark plug wires or somthing like that might me be that but that's all i can think of.

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took my truck to the dealership today, and they told me there was a service bulletin on it. They had to put a shim on the crank sensor. Weird how it was something that simple

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my truck to the dealership today, and they told me there was a service bulletin on it. They had to put a shim on the crank sensor. Weird how it was something that simple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts