S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok at ride height for my 3 link I set me pinion angle at like 3/4 ...now when fully compressed and it on the floor the driveshaft was hitting the cab ...took some put of it for it to fit for the time being ...now my pinion angle is at 5*...is that normal ...

ALSO ...

when lifting just the front and leaving the back on the ground the pinion shoots up...is that normal ...any info would be great ...thanks

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sadlky I have work right now but plz if anyone has any ideas or answers plz let me know ill hit this back later tonite

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
The drive shaft is going to hit the cab unless you notch the cab for the it. You can do it pretty easily. Just search the forum, and if your really bad at fabbing shit you can buy a cab notch under the sheet metal section of SD.

It doesn't matter what your ride height is. If you install the 3 link correct you will get almost no pinion angle change, if any at all. This means every height is your ride height. This also means you didn't assemble your three link correct. You moved the perches to the wrong spot, and you welded the lower bar tabs in the wrong spot, and you need to redo the entire job. Check out the how-to section for the 3/5 link installation for help.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do check it ...and I put the hangers in the right area ...even went by pics ..the lower link bars seem perfect ...the cab was already notched ...but what you mean to tell me ...if I air the whole front up and drop the back there should be no pinion change correct?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
anybody else ..?? plz ...im in a bind

I just went outside and notcied that my pass side bar is a bit crooked ...ehhh ...the tabs were tack welded but the spring hanger is on an angle ..and the bar isnt perfectly straight it kind of moves in towards the pumpkin...do you think that is the flaw??? anyone???...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you look here its a bit tilted ...

but even if ..how could that cause a drastic change in pinion change ...

comon guys this is my first time ...i need some input ..:D

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha ..thats the least of my worries ...COMON !! ...somebody have any other input

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
For starters, yes, when you lift the front and not the back, the pinion angle changes in relation to mother earth, but the operating angle between the driveshaft and pinion remains the same. Do not worry about that.

Secondly, you said the angle was at like 3 or 4*, then you changed it to around 5*.... okay... thats fine...No one can tell you what normal is. Each truck comes off the assembly line slightly differently... measure your trans, and set the pinion accordingly. go finish bagging your truck and go have fun with. I don't want to see another thread from you until you are finished. :D

BTW, some pinion angle change is good... zero angle change isn't all that its hyped up to be. Mine actually changes around 9*, although it doesn't matter, as thats another ball of wax all together.

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
it's all good man, just notch the cab and quit being so picky. The U joints are there to allow a little bit of slack in your setup, i mean your axle is constantly moving around and changing the operating angles in your driveline.

Get your ass out there and put some bag brackets, bags, and shocks on that thing and get it on the road man, it's not as complicated as you're making it out to be.

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
well.. its always nice to take the extra precaution before ya gotta constantly replace u joints or something worse ya know. I can see his reason to be a little sketchy. Anythings better than what that truck came w/ tho... heh.

Everything in there looks much better btw man.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ahh great thankls alot ...yea I went to put the bag brackets on and they are to tall for the notch ..lol ...so more fun for me ...now I must put metal not only on the side of the nbotch but on top to for it to fit ...thanks alot guys ...and i wont make another thread ..**probABLY** until its finito

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was going to do behind the axle but the prob might be even worse ...b/c the notch is not to big at all ..and I already have a bar thats going to run across the back I just dont see it fitting all to well ...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Myst said:
is it safe to put 2x3 tubing on the sides of the notch and frame as well on top of the notch and welded to it and than plated in the back?? ...though it would look retarded and ugly ...structurally do you think it would hold?? ..so I could have the height necc. for the upper bag bracket

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok cool ...thanx ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts