S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Eksessiv Louisiana
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just rear ended someone this past week and im looking for new bumper/grille/air dam

well, i found a new chrome grille, so i ordered it...my original one was white (body color), but i think chrome will look good and i wont have to pay for the paint/labor for that with the chrome one.

now, im looking for a grille...ive been to all the parts websites and i keep seeing:
-Grille, Chrome/Gray With Appearance Package
LS Model 118$

-Grille, Chrome/Gray With Appearance Package
LS Model 150$

They are listed as having the same exact description, unless one is supposed to be WITHOUT appearance pkg. and the other with.

and i keep seeing Chrome Grille Moulding (not sure if this refers to the shell or the center strip)

ok, now...since i got the chrome bumper...i dont want the black strip across the front of the bumper. and for the grille my stock one before was just the basic dark gray shell with the chrome strip in the center. what im looking for is the grille that has the chrome grille shell and the chrome center strip, im not sure if the chrome peice on top of the bumper is actually part of the grille shell or not, so if u know plz fill me in!. the blue s10 on the street-beat.com site is an example...the same pic is used on the homepage of this site that links to street-beat.com. the grille shell on that truck is the one i want. so if anyone know what description that one is, or what the part number on it is, it would help me out a lot!

im attaching a pic of exactly how i want the front to look with the bumper/grille combo i want.

thanks

Attachments

·
32,797 Posts
im not sure if the chrome peice on top of the BUMPERis actually part of the grille shell or not, so if u know plz fill me in!.
Do you mean:

im not sure if the chrome peice on top of the GRILL is actually part of the grille shell or not, so if u know plz fill me in!.

If yes:

That strip is part of the grill. Those grills have 2 chrome strips, 1 in the center, 1 right under the hood. When you put on the billit insert, it'll fit flush with the chrome strips.

The other grill is the one that has 1 chrome strip (that sits in the center). Billit inserts will sit inward of that chrome strip.

When you order/buy the grill ask for the one with the 2 chrome strips. The person selling it should know what you mean.

·
Eksessiv Louisiana
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i thought so too at first, but then i got to looking, and all the ones that say "Without Appearance Pkg." are the ones that cost more. i would think the one with all the chrome would be WITH Appearance Pkg, but i could be wrong, it is the cheaper one. Then again, the one with just the dark gray/chrome does have more material and is the bigger peice, so maybe thats why it costs more, but im not sure...really wish i had part numbers to go by.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts