S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a leaf out of a stock 3pack ealier this week, leaving me with the longest leaf and the overload. However now when i go over bumps i hear and feel as if metal is smashing against something somewhere. the bumpstops and brackets are cut so it not that. Any other ideas that could help me out before i put the biatch back on the jack stands later this afternoon. Thanks in advance.

Red

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
You could be hitting axle to frame, I know with my 4" blocks and removed leaf, I hit axle to frame. but that is when My bags are deflated. I would put a small rubber bumper on the frame to stop the metal to metal contact.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Your driveshaft could be hitting your gas tank crossmember. Most likly if u don't have a notch then its your axel hitting the frame. If I were u I would get a bolt in 2.25 notch from Suicidedoors.com

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would axle really hit frame if i was only using a 3 inch block. Im gonna check for that. Anyway if you guys have any other ideas keep'em coming.

Red

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yea it would hit. The back end is really soft so the axel goes up and down really easy. Get some airshocks so u can lift it up some. They only cost like 60 bucks.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Even with a 3" block and a removed leaf you will hit frame.. That's still a 4.5" drop in the rear at least.

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after about 30 seconds under the truck i figured out it was the exhaust. Its already been takent o the muffler shop and the problem has been fixed. As for axle to frame i have about 3.5 inches of room. I havent hit yet, what do you gys think.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
3.5" is a good amount of space, When I pulled a leaf from my zq8 leaf pack, and added a 4" block, as soon as I air out all the way.. THUNK!!! axle to frame.. I am getting an airbar soon, and adding a 2.25" C-notch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts