S-10 Forum banner

Problems with my T-5 on my V8

843 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  89droped5/6 
#1 ·
I just put the t-5 on my motor and put it back in the truck. Well i have a serious problem. The ear on the tranny and the clutch fork are right where my exhaust goes between the frame rail and the tranny. I was wondering if chevy ever used a cable and not the hydrolic shit. My other plan was to measure and cut another hole in the bell housing over alittle bit from the current hole for the clutch fork and cut the ear off that holds the slave cylinder i think it is called and weld it where the new hole would be. Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah it is out of a camaro, and yeah the shifter is tilted toward the drivers seat a little bit, and it looks like even if the tranny wasnt tilted the clutch fork and the hydrolic shit would still be in the way so the only thing that i can think of to do is to modify the bellhousing by moving the hole for the clutch fork out of the way of my exhaust. I would just modify my exhaust but its all stainless steel mandel bent shit that cost way too much money to modify. Thanks anyone else got any sugestions??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.