S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 s10 4.3.. i was driving it the other day and the motor just died, guages stayed on. It would turn over but would not fire up. Well i replaced the fuel injectors and the coil, i turned it over and it fired up. I let it run for about 15 minutes then decided to take it around the block, I made it about 300 feet and then it died again.. and is doing the exact same thing. Turning over but will not fire.. and i dont know what to do? Any suggestions or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
hows your fuel pump

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its working, getting fuel, and injectors spraying it fine.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
weird ok hows your ignition system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its fine, im getting fire. It is cranking now after i replaced the coil, but it is running very rough and cuts off , but will fire back up. It is popping up code 21 (21 – Throttle Position Sensor TPS or circuit voltage high - TPS voltage was above 0.8 volts for 5 seconds when engine was running and air flow was less than 15 gm /sec, or the TPS voltage was over 4.8 volts at any time.) So i replaced it, but still running rough..?

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
this is exactly what my 91 was doing when i put some old gas from a truck we were working on that apparently had sat a long time. i put like 5 gallons of it in my truck and i didnt notice it was bad it looked fine but i remembered that it didnt burn skin any and it was a little more yellow than usual

once i mixed in new good gas and used it up it was fine ever since

if you have good fuel pressure and hood blue or white spark then its gotta be something like this

hmm

if not then try another MAP sensor and another ICM

check fo rany broken or loose wires at coil or module or distrib

grounds too, especially at the therm housing bolt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, at first i thought it was the gas.. but i dont know, i didnt know what else to try, so I dropped it off today at the shop. Hopefully the professionals can fix it... But thanks guys for the input!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out that the new TPS i bought was a piece of sh*t.. it was already broke.. so the shop replaced it, and set it. As well as new plugs/plug wires! Running like a Champ again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts