S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my truck 2 in rear and 1 in front what is the cheapest and best way to do it without screwing up my driveline i heard something about the driveline or yoke but i cant remember?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
pull 1 leaf out of the back not low enough pull another 1 and for the front cut half a coil off the springs

thats the cheapest way

why go 1/2 ?

·
Insert catchy saying here
1,311 Posts
That would be the cheapest, but remember with quality parts comes quality ride.....

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
ok i want quality more than that like blocks so do i need to get angled blocks or something so the driveline doesnt get in a bind

·
Insert catchy saying here
1,311 Posts
Check out www.stylinconcepts.com I don't know what year your truck is but for my '03 ext cab it looks like about 135 or so for 1" drop coils and 2" angled blocks. Looks like the smallest spindle they got is 2". Why only a 1/2 drop? Just wunderin....

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
i dont really want to go that low because i have alot of places i can drag around here and ive got a extreme so i dont want to ripp off my ground effects. Also i just want it to look a little lower for now until i get my bags. psst..psst... :)

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
you dont think ill be too low to drag alot because i have alot of steep angled driveways and parking lots around here. Also how hard is it to install spindles. I know blocks are pretty easy but havent seen an install on spindles

·
Wang!
27 Posts
a 1/2 drop will barely be noticable... If I were to go to the trouble of dropping it in the first place, I would go 2/3 atleast... Just my opinion, take it for what its worth (not much)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
riddic1985 said:
i dont really want to go that low because i have alot of places i can drag around here and ive got a extreme so i dont want to ripp off my ground effects. Also i just want it to look a little lower for now until i get my bags. psst..psst... :)
I have a 2/3 on my 90 S15 and scrape a couple place's and alot of crummy road's and steep driveway's, but I'm goin 5/6 and just gonna deal with havin a lowerd truck. :burnout:

I'd go with a 2/3 for your truck tho, a 2/3 isn't really noticable unless you been around the truck a while. so a 1/2 would look stock pretty much. You will also need angled block's for the ext cab...

·
Yes that Sh Sh Shit
2,556 Posts
riddic1985 said:
since u have an extreme u already have zq8 springs and shocks for and extra 1-2 drop u would need to use a 3 inch drop springs up front and 2 inch angled drop blocks for the back for it sit where u want it

just look around on the for sale boards or check out djm and belltech parts ... stylin concepts, summit racing, and jegs are some good company's to get some stuff from

1 - 15 of 15 Posts