S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing some stories of like the clearcoat of rims messing up and residue formt he exhaust coming on the side of the truck. I want to do a side exit in front of my rear tire, but i dont want stuff to look like crap from the exhaust. Anyone heard of any problems from doing the side exit through the ground effects?

:drunk:

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
I saw an old POS truck w/ side exit exhuast and it messed his paint up real bad, but maybe he just needed to wash it, either way it was black from the exhuast all the way up to the top of his goofy lookin' camper shell....i still want to do side exit on my truck though

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
talk to Greek_xtreme, i know he is running a side exhaust, he can probly help you out, or let you know if his wheels are getting messed up at all

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your exhaust is dumped, is it to loud that it gets annoying? I am also thinking bout just dumping it to not worry bout anything being messed up, but i dont want it to loud.

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
with a turndown the exhaust will be much louder. If you add pipe behind the muffler it deadens the sound, the more pipe you cut off the louder it will get. If you have a 2.2 like I do with a turn down, then yes it will be loud. It will also make the seats vibrate a little. With a 4.3 I can only imagine that it will sound a lot like a v8. Throaty and deep. So yes with a turn down expect it to be louder.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
XtReMeLuVer03 said:
your exhaust is dumped, is it to loud that it gets annoying? I am also thinking bout just dumping it to not worry bout anything being messed up, but i dont want it to loud.
if your talking to me..... :stickpoke

no it doesnt get annoying, well the first 20 mins i had it on, i was like woah shit cuz it is really loud. but now i want something even louder... rofl... i'm runnin a flowmaster 60 series, and it gives a really deep rumble.... i like it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts