S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so today i went out and picked up some drop leafs and spindles to add to my current 3/3 drop, for a total of a 5/6 drop.

all went as planned and came apart and went back together easily.

My right rear tire is rubbing on the fender lip, and the left one has a good 1/2" or so, i seemed to have everything lined up etc, what could be causing that? BTW rear tires are a 265,55,r18, on a c5 wheel with a 2.5" spacer all round.

also i have some annoying squeaks going on back there, i cant figure out what i did wrong, is there a specific type of grease to use so i can quiet the shit up?

Im also debating whether or not to switch back to my old rallies and just throw some moon like hub caps on and rock that out, but the c5's sure look nice, its just the tire sizes i have are huge for a slammed truck.

any help is greatly appreciated, i will post pics up tomorrow sometime of before and after.:eek:

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
Your bed may not be centered. Or it could be like mine. Everything precision measured and straight but 3/16th difference from side to side. Factory BS :rant: You could always move the bed. But if it is lined up with the cab now, you would have to move the cab slightly also.

Gotta swaybar? Check to see if it is rubbing a shock. If so, reposition the swaybar on the axle housing to get clearance.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the axle is shifted a little for driveline angles from the factory. its just the way it is. you need to roll the fender lip or cut it. or get different wheels if its bad enough. or raise it back up a little.

the squeek is just from new parts. try spraying the spring bushings with wd-40 or a dry lube like Kent, and then make sure everything is tight and also check the sway bar like mentioned before

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
you guys are all wrong. hes runnin almost a damn 30" tall tire. i had 255/55/18s and those were some big bitches. you need to drop to about a 275/40/18 and you will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts