S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 94 ss in the cpu there was a blue chip that i had to connect to my stage 2 jet chip.but the chip seems to be not working, it states that it will let the motor runn over 100mph but doesnt...my question is what color is the stock chip in someone elses SS because it says it will not work without stock chip plugged in and im thinking the chip might be a stage 1 that some else plugged in!

·
14,970 Posts
Well I had a chip in mine...not sure off hand what stage...but i know my stock one was blue and it piggybacked onto the aftermarket one....I also did not lose my top speed cut off:(

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
I n D A C H I P S..........!

I had a 94 SS...! and the
Chip thats was in TwiggSS
was mine....!
You have to piggy back the stock
chip.....!

TwiggSS..i beleive the chip was a Stage 1
and it Came from Jet and NO i dont think
it gets rid of the top end limiter...!
............!
What color is your 94 SS
SS On FiYah...... ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
!

I piggy backed it and it still doesnt work.......by what i can tell im not feeling any horsepower gain or throttle response......I think jet ****ed me for 200 bucks.The SS is Red with orange and black ghost flames. Will have pics soon

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
!!!!!

well what type of chip will take this top end **** off.....cuz 100mph just isnt fast enough. If i get my supercharger hopefully im gonna be turning more than 100 in the quater!

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
re chip

If you go to "Vendor's Market place" then go to "northern touch customs" (page 3) there is bit of a discussion about chips and what trucks can take them and which ones can't. Hopefully it will help you out. I am looking into getting one for my truck and some people are telling me I can and other people are telling me I can't. I have a 96SS. Try going there and leaving a thread mabey some one there will know for sure. If you find anything out about whether a 96 can take one or not let me know please. I don't want to get stung with paying $400 canadian and having no horsepower gain.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
how do you plan on getting supercharged? because the CPI is not a boost sensitive motor. :shrug: :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts