1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive smoked myself stupid over the years

anywho i just replaced my whole bag setup with new shit

blitzluft valves and slam specialties bags etc etc

but i cant figure out a good way to mount my valves in the front of my truck?

i have a 98 sonoma 2.2 and my old valves where mounted under the front of the truck right infront of the sway bar and they where screwed into the frame

i spent all my money and i dont wanna buy or make a mount for the valves but i am open for suggestions on how to attach them to the frame

the lil _/'''''\_ things that hold pipe onto shit just arent big enough and my line isnt close enough to the frame to do that with

tried it already

zip straps are the only thing i can think of at this time?!
i dont wanna have to resort to those but im open for anything

so come on guys help a brother out!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Zip ties and hose clamps work wonders..But if you dont wanna settle for that just take some straps of sheetmetal and bend them into a omega shape and screw them down ya know..

·
Registered
368 Posts
dunno if this would work since its on the frame, but this is what I used to mount my valves on top of the inner fender wells.

G

·
0 Posts
use plumbers tape.. its like the strip that came with radios the metal piece with holes in it

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Wouldn't you loose speed the further you got your valves from the bag? If you do, is it that much of a big deal?

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well ive figured something out but i havent tried it yet

i got some metal straps that have holes in them all the way down the strap so i can bend them and make an omega shape with it

and i think thats gonna work well
but tonight i spent most of the night reinforcing the hole in my bed for the differential to come up through

cause it was bending down pretty bad with no support
so we got some angle iron and cut it to fit down between the frame etc etc so i spent the evening cutting em to size and notching them out to fit in there good so its like _||_
2 of em side by side tacked together

but we got to only tacking 1 set together and one weld onto the frame then we ran out of welding wire

oh well tomorrow is another day
i got the front end all put back together bags in etc etc fenders back on and all that good stuff

i took them off because i lost my license on sept 20th till dec 20th
and i was gonna body drop it but i ended up having no help so i decided to upgrade the air ride
shitty firestone and crap MAC valves

just thought i would share my story so far and ill update when i get the valves up and let u know what worked for me

i got kicked off s-seriesforum.com for posting the image "I got my crabs from cartmans mom" billboard

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also hopefully i get a new digi cam by then since my old one caught on fire from the inside out

really wierd!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts