S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
WWJD for a klondike bar?
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This used to be only when it was cold out, not it's constantly. I push the clutch, and the f'er revs up to 2k RPM for like 5 or so seconds then goes to normal. Anyone else have this problem. *96 blazer

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
I have the same problem on my 99. Does that when its cold or when im on the highway and then i come off and stop at a light or an intersection. I just hit the gas and it goes back to normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rox,
My 2000 X does the same thing yours does. It started out only when it was cold, but now it is doing it all the time. I thought it was a little weird myself, and I have been trying to narrow down what it could be. I am stumped atm and would really like to find out if someone here has had the problem and fixed it. Mine also will rev up to 2k and stay there until i come to a stop for about 2 seconds before it finally decides to chill and go back to the normal idle.

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
Yeah when i would come down an off ramp or slow down for a light, id push the clutch and the truck would rev and stay there, till im at a dead stop for about a second. Sometimes it doesnt come down so i just hit the gas. Maybe the truck has a mind of its own. Sorry maybe the TRUCKS have MINDS of there own :evilg:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the TPS, or is it just one of those replacement types?

·
WWJD for a klondike bar?
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have like a slow response when you let off the gas cruising on the highway, like it takes a couple seconds to slow down? Mine does, my friend said that's normal, but that revving $hit, that's annoying!

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
mine does it too. cant be the tps settings, because it rights itsself when i come to a complete stop. ive isolated that to be the problem. watch...it will idle high when you are rolling in neutral, but the second you come to a complete stop...it falls to 500. So this has to be some kind of computer function. Maybe its trying to keep up vacuum?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check your PCV valve

mine was doing the same thing. Revs don't fall as fast as my bike's, but it doesn't start reving on its own. Don't forget to check the hose for it too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My does the same thing until she warms up. Then a few weeks ago it did it everytime I pushed in the clutch. I ended up finding a vaccum leak. Then decided to clean the IAC valve just to see if there was a build up of carbon or weak spring. Ended up breaking it when re-installing (113K miles & tbi). But now with those two fixes she idles around 700-950 rpm's. Not sure if it'll help with the '96&newer models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have checked my PCV valve and it was working fine. Just to make sure, I went ahead and decided to change it out for the whole whopping 2.67 at autozone. Where is the IAC valve located? I have already put the stock tuning back in my truck and scrapped the HPP3 just to make sure it wasn't that and it is still doing it. So now, I am thinking has to be a vaccum leak somewhere. Only questions I really have are, why does it stop revving when I come to a stop and keep revving 2k when i am rolling 5 mph in neutral? and 95tbis10, where was your vaccum leak at by chance?

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
i had that problem in my 00X, i took it to the dealer, they fixed it but never told me what they did. it was still under warranty tho....

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
Ill call GM tomorrow or Monday and talk to one of the guys from Technical Assistance. See what they say. If all of us have the same complaint they must have cases on it

·
Registered
11 Posts
PEKO, sweet man. if you get an answer could you be sure to slide it our way? it would be much appreciated :)

·
WWJD for a klondike bar?
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right, sweet, hope you can PEKO

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Mine does the same, my brothers does the same, my dads does the same, i'd also be interested in knowing what gm does for this?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts