S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the pro and con's of them i can pick one up for 259 shipt im not big into sound realy on this truck so is it worth the money or should i gust go and pic a stock one up frome local shop

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm happy with mine. Its got a good sound without being annoying. I also noticed a little more power and a little better mpg.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i like mine sounds good and more power, but think you can get a borla or magnaflow for almost half the price and they are just as good.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm happy with mine. Only problem might be not loud enough for some people. But I wanted an exhaust that was quiet on when cruising and a little louder when I get on it.

·
32,805 Posts
baggingears said:
what are the pro and con's of them i can pick one up for 259 shipt im not big into sound realy on this truck so is it worth the money or should i gust go and pic a stock one up frome local shop
Go to a few local shops and get prices on a custom setup with a Flowmaster, Magnaflow, or other aftermarket muffler. Many times it could be installed (welded on) for cheaper than that price.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i think im goin to take it to a loca shop and see what they can do if it's cheaper then ill go head and let them hook me up

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
I had the single exit gibson, cat back system..... I didnt like it at all.. It started to leak, it didnt last too long on my truck.. As for the sound i really didnt even notice it. Not that i wanted something extremely loud but i wanted something. I have Dynomax Ultra Flow cat-back now and I love it.

·
no more S10...
501 Posts
Pros are it comes in one box and you can do it yourself.

Cons... its expensive. Pipes rust after one winter... this is with the stainless one too. Sound isn't that great. Power isn't really all that much either. Looking back I should have had one custom done for a lot less... Shop around I think you can do better for a lot less.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant realy find any thing for my 92 short bed reg. cab 2.8 but i realy dont kno were to look , i should gust take it to crown auto and get te 135 special, but i whould like somthing all better and with some sound

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The price is a rip. I bought one too. Big mistake. Like
mentioned go to a muff shop. They have a special out here,
a Flowmaster 40 installed with tailpipe 109.00 out the door.
I'm sure there's someplace back where you're at can do pretty
much the same. A delta 40 on your ride would be pretty mellow
and still sound better than stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts