S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sprayed my spindles with some brake cleaner..then i sprayed a coat of primer on them...but i realized afterward that i used DupliColor Primer SEALER...not just primer..its grey and it dried ok....but im wondering if i should just keep going with more coats then just spray some gloss black..or should i get it down abck to bare metal?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
I would take it to bare metal and then put rustolem paint on them. When you arent going for mirror finish (like on body pannels) and just want a uniform color and rust protection primer isnt needed. If you get the good rustolem stuff it will stick to damn near anything. As far as the primer goes, if you want to do it the way you are then the fact that it is primer/sealer instead of just primer wont matter

·
Registered
62 Posts
if you are using automotive paint on them you should put an etching primer on first then primer, primer sealer, then color coat and then your clear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
baggedsdime is right they make a primer called trio primer that is made for bare metal surfeaces i use it all the time

then spray primer then paint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts