S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if i was doing this wrong....ok, i got all the plastic pieces sanded down and have applied 3 coats of primer but did not sand in between coats. With the 3rd coat fully dry there are a few places on the dash bezel where the primer has seem to have been intended like someone put their fingernail in it or something. Kind of a rough description but does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it? The whole dash looks great, all nice and smooth but then there are some of these spots where it looks indended and im not sure whats going on. Thanks guys.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Could be a few things. Maybe there was a dent or small mark under that point that you did not sand out. Maybe there is a bit of grease or oil that didn't get cleaned properly and the primer is pulling back from it. Either way, start sanding. If it's a dent just sand and spray that spot untill the mark is gone. If it's dirty underneath start sanding like mad and get some cleaner, then spray it again.

You should always sand between coats of primer. Each layer will stick better, and you can get imprefections filled and smoothed in no time and use less primer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts