S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i take a peice of 18 gauge and go from pressure switch to ignition to have it come on. But im in the middle of bagging the front right now and I need to know exaclt how you do wire it to the ignition. Do i use a butt connector on some wire or what and what wire? This is all im confused about now.

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
There are several ways you can do it. You can pop the steering column apart and use a light tester to find the ignition wires you can pull the fuse in the ignition block and stick the wire in there - then replace the fuse - you can take teh fuse box out and cut the wire goin in to the fuse box and add yours. I would pop the column covers off and do it in there - it's the easiest of the 3.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
If you take off the driverside kick panel and go right under the steering column, there is a large connector/block with lots of wires. Take a test light in there and find one that is powered when you turn the ignition switch. It should be a pink or orange wire.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Mine was pink I beleive, but its been a while, so I don't remember exactly. Just use a butt connector and cut the ignition wire, then crimp all the wires together usin the butt connector.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ya I believe it was pink as well, about 18ga. I like to use 't-taps', they snap over the power wire puncturing it, then you plug your tap wire into the connector via a spade connector..pretty neat, clean, and hassle free.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
i didnt have any trouble tapping into mine since i just hooked up a car alarm last month and used it....ok heres where to look for it....you have to undo the 4 screws that hold the black plastic panel upunder the dash the piece that has the floor light sticking through...when you get that off directly underneath the steering column will be a large bundle of wires bound together by a see through black mesh looking tubing material...you will have to pull it back to see the wires...ok look for a thick pink wire...most of the other wires are smaller than this pink one except for about 3 others...but anyways to make sure you have the right wire strip back a little of the insulation and test it with a test light or multimeter set for dc...when you turn the ignition it should read around 12volts and when you crank up it will not drop out...

my question is i allready ran my ignition wire to the bed...now i need to know which terminal on my sqaure D pressure switch the ignition wire goes to...it has 4 terminals..2 of then are like T1 T2...and the other 2 are like L1 L2 something like that....imsure you have to use either set of letters???

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
you will only need to use to of the connections, just connect the wire from the ignition to T1, and T2 goes to the relay for the comp.

it doesnt matter which set of connections you use, just as long as you stay in the pairs T1 and T2 go together, and L1 and L2 go together.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
mine was the pink one i believe as well. and yes, whatever you do, don't cut the big yellow wire. if you do, don't have your head or any part of your body in front of the air bag.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I thought T1 and L1 were a pair, and T2 and L2 were a pair on the pressure swtich. Only one way to find out tho. Test 'em and see what comes on when the pressure drops. I know that the '1's recieve power from the source, so just hook the iginiton to T1, then see which of the last three pins turns on the compressors.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
nope the T's and the L's are seperate pairs, i just hooked mine up last week. the 2 connections on the left make one cricuit, and the 2 on the right make the other circuit. mine is set to shut off at 160psi, and kicks on at 140psi

I was really surprized, i took off my shocks last night, and at 160 the truck just about hops, i think ill be able to get this turd off the ground at 200.. :D

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
yes its a adjustable square D switch, but nope.. it is sospose to have a 25psi differential, but for some reason its more closer to a 20 -23 psi differential. :dunno: it works geat though, its amazing how much more speed and play time you have just by adding that extra 20psi in tank pressure.

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took off the dash and was lookin at the wires and there is a bright pink and a darker pink, both are the same size. Which one is it if you guys remember? I dont have access to a light tester. Thanks

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Just lick both of your fingers and touch one of the pink wires and then ground your finger on some metel. If it shocks u then use that one. If it doesn't try the other one.

O yea test lights are only 10 bucks. U will probly use one lots of more times than this.

L

·
0 Posts
All Wires Are Like 10 Gauge ( thickest ones down there )
RED = 12v
PINK = 1st Ignition
WHITE = 2nd Ignition
ORANGE = Accessory

Fat Yellow is the airbag, cant miss it.. its got 2 wire's inside of it.. The harness is accessible from the underdash, just pull out the 7mm screws in it, disconnect the brake release and it pulls right off, main harness is the one that goes all the way up the steering column, cant miss it.... tap into it with a scotchlock or trim some of the coating back twist ur wire on it, solder and tape it ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts