S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i posted awhile back about my pressure switch acting up. It started doing again yesterday its a 145/200psi PS and its not shutting off at 200psi...... Yesterday i took it out and replaced it with a new one, Started the truck up and it filled and shut off at 200psi with no problem's. SO i thought my problem was solved. It poored rain last night . I went out this morning and my tank was full at 200psi so i aired it up and the comps kicked on but by the time i got to work which is only a 5 minute drive they still didnt shut off and my pressure gauge was reading 215 psi. So i asume the rain is making these thing's act up in some shape or form? I went over all my wiring yesterday and it looks fine but i dont think its the wiring if i replaced the PS yesterday and it worked with no problem's, then it rained and im having problem's again. I even electrical taped the shit out of the thing's so nothing was exposed. Also might i add my relays are exposed to the element's but im 100% certain its a pressure switch problem. Do they make weather proof pressure switch's? Or what am i doing wrong here! HELP HELP HELP!

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know? Went out few minutes ago and turned the power switch on, comps still run and are not shutting off. (was hoping if things dry out it would work)

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
thats weird maybe your contacts inside the pressure switch got connected some how or even water is in there and the current is running through the water keeping the contacts from separating

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i went out and put the one that was acting up yesterday back on and now its working fine. I have no idea what is going on here LOL :rant:

·
Registered
533 Posts
try a diff brand of pressure switch... i had a pre-set 110-115 switch a while back and had nothing but problems with it sticking... any moisture in the lines at all seem to mess up the guts of them fast - try using a square d adjustable, had mine for 4 years now and no probs - good luck

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Most are sealed or potted no way for water inside

Next time it keeps the comps running remove one lead from the PS if the comps stop it is the PS if not it is something else ;)

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most are sealed or potted no way for water inside

Next time it keeps the comps running remove one lead from the PS if the comps stop it is the PS if not it is something else ;)
i Actuelly didnt that when they were screwed up. While the comps were on i took one lead off and everything shut off.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
My shit did the same thing, and then it started working again. It got rained on too. sounds like we're in the same boat. I just hooked a switch up to mine just in case it happens again, though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Whats up man
New to the forums. do you have a water separator, if not whens the last time you drained your tanks? where is your cut out switch located? i had a this problem with my one nissan i had...... i had water in my system and it messed with my cut out switch. just my 2 cents.

Kaust

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup i got 2 water seperater's on the tank . I think this ahs somthing to do with the shity weather wev been having here. And welcome to the forum's!

·
Registered
218 Posts
ive had the same problem with my adjustable one
if you run a tank pressure guage you can just tee off a spot for your pressure switch in the cab
also your relays might just stick on you can pop the cap off them and see if there is any corrosion in it

·
VIAIR Corp
1,767 Posts
Whether the switch is sealed or not - if you keep it wet it will eventually develop deposits that can & will affect the pressure switch ability to properly sense on and off pressures and act accordingly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts