S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bought Not Built
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 8 gal 8 port. getting ready to put in my truck, with 2 450's and i'm using all 4 ports in front. My question is if i put the switch in the bottom port and plug the top, will water settling in the bottom of the tank cause a problem. I'm goin to be runnin 2 SMC traps, but they cant be 100% i'm sure, so i didnt know if the water would mess with the switch?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I would not put it in the bottom. Water is heavier than air. Have it on the top one or right before one of the valves. or after the inline from the compressors.

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,978 Posts
if your mounting the tank to a flat surface the pressure switch probably wont even fit under there. but stay away from the bottom with it. it would be best right on top.

·
Bought Not Built
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright kool, see i got a check mate cover so i only for like 17 inchs of room, and i'm mounting my tank on a dimond plate lid so i'm eating some some room i was just goin to run it out the bottom through the dimond plate so you wouldnt even see it really. So guess i'll have to mount it somewhere else haha thanks guys

·
VIAIR Corp
1,767 Posts
Never install a pressure switch on or near a bottom port and always install out of direct line with air coming into the tank to keep the pressure switch from reading falsely and having ON/OFF stutter operation at near off pressure...

BTW - you didn't mention a safety valve - you should ALWAYS run a safety valve!

·
VIAIR Corp
1,767 Posts
A safety valve is used with an air tank to bleed pressure from the tank if things go awry. If your pressure switch stays on, and your pressure exceeds the rating of the safety valve - the valve will purge the extra pressure, saving the tank and the area that the tank is mounted in. This is especially important in beds with tonneaus, car trunks, etc.

·
Bought Not Built
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do they let off pressure at a certain PSI or do you do it yourself?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts