S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if the 2003 will come with the 4.2L Inline 6 that the TrailBlazer has??? I hope so, it is pushing about 270 hp and 275 ft/lb..... wouldn't that be sweet for a stock start. And if you do know that.... What else do you know???

·
Registered
201 Posts
The s10 is supposed to be eliminated from the GM model line within a year or two. It will be replaced by the Colorado. It will be the approx the size of the dakota. The powertrain will be an inline 5. Basically the 4.2L inline 6 minus one cylinder. Thats about all I know.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trippy.... where did you hear that???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Those Colorados are HIDEOUS too .... maaan ..... i hate them plastic bottoms. There's pics of the new colorado in last months sport truck i think.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I could be wrong, but i think the front end is supposed look somewhat like the avalanche/trailblazers. ugly.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
According to my good freind who is a sales manager in here in NY. Blazer will go until 2003 as is. New platform will carry the inline 5 as stated above. The classics are going fast fellas, get them while ya can. Not only are the new ones ugly but the platform is totally changed...

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
damn thats sad to hear :cry:

i think the s-series line rocks

they should keep making them

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
dropindaS-mini said:
damn thats sad to hear :cry:

i think the s-series line rocks

they should keep making them
exactly! the same tards are also phasing out the camAro/firebird:madfinger :bash: :cuss: :argue: :rant: :troutslap :far: :twak:

(and if you dont know why i did caps on that A in camaro, dont ask, its a long story!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
The new colorado will have a 4,5 and 6 available.
All inline, all based on the new 4200.....
One engine in the skunk works that I am praying will come about is a turboed 5!!!!! 315 Hp!!!!!

Just some info I had to share...:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
from what I've heard the inline 6 is too long to fit under the hood, so the 4 and 5 will be all thats available. The 5 will be based on the 4200 the 4cyl will not. One interesting point is the Variable valve timing setup for the inline 5 + 6. Old news but its a decent engine.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
I have read that there won't be the 6 but a Turbo 5 (just like the Volvo's)

now interesting thing is...the new Chevy Bel-Air concept had a turbo 5...and it put out 315 HP!!!:uhoh: :uhoh: :evilg: :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
315hp is pretty bad ass, but chech out the torque #s. All the inline engines seem to suffer from poor torque output.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
mtl_hed said:
315hp is pretty bad ass, but chech out the torque #s. All the inline engines seem to suffer from poor torque output.
This pic is huge, but the turbo I5 was on display at the auto show. It puts out 300ftlbs of torque...

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I get the basic idea...and if they look like what I think they will and they have turbo and intercooler...then I WANT one....

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
if they're changing the whole platform, whats the suspension setup going to be like? one thing i love about our s-series is that dropping them is pretty straightforward....hope this doesn't change

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Umm...Poor torques out of Inlines?.new 4.2 puts out 275 lb/ft and thats an untweaked figure. gmc race truck puts out about 500lb/ft of torque. Inlines have some of the most torque output going. Dont get your hopes up guys. Anybody who thinks they are going to get 315 horse in a small platform pickup or blazer from GM you picked a bad day to quit sniffin glue.LOL we are in a pecking order...Yukon and tahoe and fullsize, than the fullsize pickups than anything on those lines smaller than that. The only reason they are killing the camaros is nobody is buying a 30,000 dollar car that cost on average 3000 dollars a year to insure. Dont blame GM. Blame your insurance company and the government. I know though....Sometimes it is nice to dream.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
hmmm, don't the Trailblazers have a multi-link rear instead of leafs?

·
Registered
433 Posts
digging for more information on the colorado....

from what i'm finding online... it's going to go to hell because it will be in production with parts related to an Isuzu

GM needs to remove their heads from the inner most recesses of their anal cavaties, and understand that the S trucks they are producing now only need refined... not REMOVED!

chris

1 - 20 of 30 Posts