S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some PPG Deltron DBU 4460 H, from the local dealer for free. This is for my car he said i could have it, its old but i think it will work ok. I just need to know what reducer i can use for it and what clear coat i can put over it. I am planing on using Shopline or DBC on my truck will that be fine to go over this? Its only a Pint of base coat and will be using it for smaller areas on my car like the rockers and part of the hood. No i cannot tell what it says on the can to use as reducer as there is a paint drip that covers it, go figure. I think its a 1 - 2 ratio. thanks

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
drr reactive reducer....yes it is still available......

one part paint to 1.5 parts reducer......

you can put any ppg clear over it but as far as intermixing the basecoats i do not recommend it

but i do know this.......i mixed three variations of a red using dbu......none matched.....so far off they could not be tinted......well..... i sprayed the repair areas using my first mix as a ground coat at the same time as i sprayed a test card......

any way.....i had the paint store mix me a small amount of dbc(it matched) but they recommended waiting 4 hours so the solvents in the dbu to evaporate before topcoating with the dbc.......i waited 2 hours and never had a problem

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I put dbc over dbu all the time a few years ago, but yes give it extra time,, and also if you are going to clear over the dbu i'd give it more time than if you we're clearing over dbc,, it takes longer for the tail solvents to escape from dbu than dbc..

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i can't remember....but i know that the matches sucked for any and all reds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts