S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BodyDropped Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i bought 2 12 inch RE SX subs off of ebay. Figured id give them a chance. Now what i was wondering is, what should i use to power them. I have an amp that makes 1500 watts rms at 1 ohm, powered my kicker l7's brilliantly, but that wont work for both of my subs. Should i just buy another amp to power the other sub? Like run 2 amps? or is there an amp that would make enough power to power both of those subs off of one amp? Let me know because once they show up, hopefully they do, i want to get them right in!!! thanks in advance

kenny

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
well, the one you have will work with the subs you have now; there's no rule stating that you must have your subs pushed to their absolute limits at all times.

but if you're wanting to upgrade, i would say an Incriminator Audio 20.1 or Orion 2500d would be quite pleasant. look for the hifonics 2000 or 2200's if your budget is a little tighter.

·
BodyDropped Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont i need something that'll make its most power at 2 ohm or .5 ohm because of the dual 2 ohm configuration?

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
i sold a SX to a frien along time ago and he is now getting to put it in a 02 bmw 540i, he is doing 2 RE 12.1s and 2 SX 12s

do anywhere from 700-1200 per sub and it will do good

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
the orion does 2500 @1ohm, ive heard you can drop it but i doubt it will like .5, and it also dosent like voltage spikes up and down, needs a very good electrical

also ia 20.1 is 600$+

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
it was the viper 2500 and the viper did its rated power at 2ohms, othher than that they are the same, but it wont play to .25 daily for to long i can guarantee that

the 20.1 is the only one i know of that will do really low daily

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
one of the guys i sold one of my 4 2500d's to is running his at .25 ohms daily.

they are solid amps, but between the two i would vote for the 20.1. such a great amp...

·
Registered
243 Posts
if i buy the orion amp, is there a difference between the orion 2500d and the west coast customs orion 2500d performance wise? or just the outside of it?
*sorry on friends name*

·
BodyDropped Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So if i buy the orion 2500d and i run it at 2 ohms it is supposed to give me 1700 watts rms... now the internet on reaudio called for 1.25 cubic feet per sub in a sealed enclosure, my box is exactly 1.25 cubic feet, if not, just a little bit off, would she slam or what?

·
BodyDropped Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tprj82 said:
prolly or what :p
Wutcha trying to say?! lol, are those dimensions right, i wont have any problem running at 1.25 cubic feet, i know thats what it says online, but should i have more?

i just want this to slam!!!!

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
SX isnt the poster child for sealed boxes

·
BodyDropped Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its sort of a "tide me over" box because i have some connections in another state lol, my uncle is in virginia and he's gotta guy thats gonna hook me up with some custom stuff when i go down there in the summer, i can have him make a ported box i am sure, will this box work for the time being and still sound good? and not hurt the subs at all?

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
yea, they will do fine, wont be near their potential but should sound good

1 - 20 of 20 Posts