S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the powerdyne s/c is worth buying...I am interested in buying a s/c but i'm on a budget...will it work good with the hpp3?...do you think with all the mods i have done, it will help a lot?

768 Posts
Some will say yes, some will say no. I've had mine in place for two years now and while it's not my daily driver, I do drive it frequently, and drive it hard.

I don't know if it will work with the pulleys as it re-routes serpentine belt and adds an additional belt for the S/C. The TB spacer will need to go -- the plenum is too tall and with the spacer it won't clear the hood. And the HPPIII will be OK as long as you remove the engine tuning settings. Leaving the tuning in place will cause GOBS of detonation/pinging. About the only settings that you'll be able to leave in place are top speed, shift firmness, t-stat, tire size, and rear-end gear. Don't adjust the shift points up (it's been done, but it isn't a good idea) and NO tuning.

If you need tech support on it DON'T go to Powerdyne -- use the boards. I've been happy with mine so far (been running 9 psi for the past year), but Powerdyne really sucks at supporting their product.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will i still have to take off my spacer even if i have a aftermarket hood?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would say it is worth the money. From looking at your sig you have already spent about $1500 on performance parts that MAYBE got you 25hp. For $1500 you can get a used powerdyne and get atleast 45hp. You might have to get diiferent headers if your jba's have the air injection tubes in the stock location. I have headers without air injection, I get a ses light about once every 2 weeks from it. I also have nd older powerdyne kit just had ditch the a/i and use a 99 alternator. I think my next mod is going to be the smaller 9lbs. pulley If you want to use your under drive pulleys you will need to mill down the powerdyne crank pulley spacer to fit in the smaller crank pulley.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My jba's have the air injected headers but if it comes to removing the tubes, i think i'll just cut if off and re-weld it together since my uncle has a MIG welder...i have pm'd a couple of guys on the forum selling their powerdyne s/c but no one got back to me...

·
Life Start @ 200 shots
419 Posts
Hi n0sh0b0i, i have posted to you a reply .check on it !!! thanks

later,

Sébast19

·
Registered
466 Posts
i got mine off ebay. The right side a/i tube is the only one that has to come off, then plug it and you don't have to worry about ses light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts