S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok this is probably a stupid question to all of you guys that know how to wire but I'm wondering if there can basically be too many wires going to your battery for power. Right now I got a direct power wire going from my cd player to the battery. Alpine recommended this so I did it. I also have a direct power wire going from my seats to the battery. I'm getting an alarm done but this wire would go right to the battery to. Is that too many wires going to the battery? Is this set up bad? What suggestions do you have. I'm also going to be installing power locks...should I just tap off another power wire for this? How many times can you tap off a direct power wire? For instance I think my power windows are tapped off of the direct wire going to the cd player. Could I tap the power door locks to this wire? Hard to explain but ask questions if you need to. Please leave me some feedback as to what to do.

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
you could buy a power distribution block. one heavy gauge wire runs from the battery to it. you mount it under your hood and you run smaller gauge wires from that block instead of having to many wires to the battery, but that won't hurt it either just not very eye appealing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I'm not too concerned with something being eye appealing right now but that does sound like a good idea. Guess I was more concerned with it hurting the battery or the product. Anyone else got any opinions?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
It all depends on how much power you're gonna be drawin thru the power wire. It's a certain gauge and is made to pull only so much, and you might start blowin fuses or whatever. This is just a general statement, it may work for you. Also, you could run them all to the battery, it won't hurt the battery, unless you've got so much shit that the battery can't handle it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.