S-10 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ha! I had this same exact problem with my '96 SlimJim. I went out and bought a new window motor and everything for it... Went to change it out... drilled the rivets out... but never could get the freakin' assembly out of the door. So, after I got tired of messing with it, I put bolts back in where the rivets were so I could close it back up for the night, and it started working fine. And has been ever since. I think the rivets wear out and get loose after a while. Just try replacing the rivets with bolts and see if that works, is cheaper than buying new assembly and a helluvalot easier to change. Just make sure the bolts have flat or flush heads so the gears don't hit them.
I know this is an old thread but still usefull, mine stopped working so i tested power to the motor, had power so obviously the motor is screwed, i noticed that the motor was held to the reg by 3 studs so i thought i would see if i could replace the motor instead of the whole reg, i searched for an how to and came across this thread, luckily some one had done it before and replaced the rivets with bolts, loosened them off and now everything is fixed!

Saved me atleast $100 since it would have to be posted to australia!

·
Registered
34 Posts
7 months later im back in the same situation, every thing is the same but this time taking out the bolts did nothing, my window is now stuck down, any idea's on how to get it back up?

·
Vandelay Industries
6,017 Posts
I had a 94 s10 and the drivers window would get stuck down sometimes. If I smacked the door panel near the motor a couple times while pressing the up switch it the window would go back up. It did this for a year or so before I sold the truck and the trick always worked for me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Waking up a zombie thread. I had a stuck window, tore open the door and smacked the motor and all is well. why does this work?? LOL

21 - 26 of 26 Posts