S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one day the radio was working, the next it wasn't. I checked the ground and the hot, both on, now without pulling everything out looking for a frayed wire, what else may there be?
thanks guys

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
was it the constant power or switched power you checked?..also if you have a blown speaker some decks go into protection mode .because the blown speaker is shorting to ground which inturn makes the deck shut down ..its very common....also a blown fuse possible ...if its a aftermarket deck id check both the constant wire(yellow) and the switched power (red) and see if they are both getting power if not the radio wont work also ..if thats not that problem then start disconnecting speaker wires to see if you have a blown speaker thats shorting to ground ...hope that helps
later
jason

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
lownoma, said it all check fuse, and the speaker, oh also you might have a reset button on the unit if so hold it in for 20sec's

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
jason i beet you to it lol look up in my post lol :bash: :thumbup: :drinkhaha

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoa guys, thanks for the info, i think i did blow a speaker because it wasn't sounding too good on the ride hom ethe other night, so i guess thats what may of happened, ill have to pull out the manual, i have the hot switched on the IGN so when the car is on its on. ill pull it out today and see whats up, ill talk to you guys on the chat room later, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts