S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going up hill and pushed the gas all the way to the floor and when i did that i noticed my shift indicator flash and my head unit shut off and turned back on?!?!? but it was so quick it didnt make my truck stutter up the hill. now later the same day i was in a parking lot and i was driving normal, and everything inside shut off and trurned back on. this time my security and abs and all the normal stuff that happens in my guages truned on like my truck just started. and my radio lost sound becuase it popped mt main fuse now i never had this problem before and i installed a 1 farad cap. 2 weeks ago. my carpet is out and i put my ground connectors sandwiched between the seat and the floor and cranked the bolts down cuz i knew i was taking it out again soon for the carpet. my power wire runs under the passenger floor mat and there isnt really any tension anywhere so i dont think it could have been bumped. my guess is i have a ground short and it sparked and my cap surged a little. when i went to put a new fuse in the main it poped as soon as i put it in, truck wasnt on and neither was the radio. THE KEY WASNT EVE IN IT! but i cant find a break in the wires ANYWHERE!

SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!

·
Ap0lio
181 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me.... well i was in a parking lot and i started up my truck and put it in reverse ... the engine started reving real high and i was like WTF is going on and then my truck just shut off and wouldnt restart.... i shit my pants practically.... it wound up being my battery terminal was lose... check that first man

·
Ap0lio
181 Posts
scratch what i just said..... im drunk and its early am...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts