S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed power pulleys on their engine. I was thinking about doing it and wanted some input before I did. The ones that I was looking at were made by March.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i havent heard anything bad about them, except if you install the alternator pulley, it wont charge as much while idling, because its spinning slower

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
was the alt pulley smaller then? because if its bigger, it spins slower, which means less charge

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you acually feel a noticable difference?

·
Registered
351 Posts
free's up a little power and has almost no difference on charging at idle. i was worried about having my stereo with the pullies but it works great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had them on my truck for a while now, when I first got them I wasn't sure if i noticed a difference, but you can really tell when running the A/C ... I would say .... the way it drives now (with the A/C on) is probably comperable to the way it drove stock with the A/C off ....

but you do notice a difference....

I suggest having a decent impact wrench ... not only for those tuff crank bolts.... but also to get that alt pulley on TIGHT!! ... i fried my alternator because it was slipping (hand tightening doesn't work)

for the guys that have the pulleys on, was the hole on the alt pulley way to small or was it just mine.. i had to sand it down a big to get it to even go on ... i think it would be just right without the powder coat on the inside..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts