S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a set of pullies for my 4.3, my only concern is that I have a 250 watt amp powering a 12 inch sub and I do not want to have problems with charging at anytime. What would be the best set to get for this, I am guessing that I would want the alt. pulley to stay the same size which would leave me with just replacing one pulley? Is that even worth it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
S-series abuser
694 Posts
get the march power and amp pulley set. it comes with a crank and alt pulley for about 100 bucks. most will say dont worry about getting the nice expensive aluminum sets. i got the black steel set and i think my truck actually charges better than it did before. dont worry about charging problems many guys are runnin alot more stereo stuff than u and havent had a problem. dont expect any crazy amount of power but not bad for a 100 bucks.

just my $.02

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
No, I was correcting you.
"What would be the best set to get for this, I am guessing that I would want the alt. pulley to stay the same size which would leave me with just replacing one pulley? Is that even worth it?"

2 pulley set. 24% smaller alt pulley speeds up the alt speed, 24%smaller crank pulley = lower drive speed. 24 and 24 cancels out to leave you with the same alt RPM as before.

The mod was way worth it. I can feel the difference without a doubt.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G60_Likes_2_Break said:
No, I was correcting you.
"What would be the best set to get for this, I am guessing that I would want the alt. pulley to stay the same size which would leave me with just replacing one pulley? Is that even worth it?"

2 pulley set. 24% smaller alt pulley speeds up the alt speed, 24%smaller crank pulley = lower drive speed. 24 and 24 cancels out to leave you with the same alt RPM as before.

The mod was way worth it. I can feel the difference without a doubt.
Ahh I see I see, thanks for clarifying. Sounds like you really like it, I will be getting the same set as you. Thanks a lot!

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
Its effective- it makes me abuse the truck more now.. i am not running mid twelves because of one magical mod but it definitely worked!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts