S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just found out from Superchips that they do not make a programmer for my year truck, they have discontinued them, so is hypertech worth buying? I've heard horror stories and i've heard good things .................which is it? Lets hear from people who actually got them.......

James

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i havent heard any horror stories. ive heard that hyeprtech is thee programmer

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stories like screwing up trannys........stuff like that

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
bah my hypertech works fine!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does your hypertech do anything with the torque management ???

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i think thats what the computer automatically does in your car already

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
j_gor78
Dont the 99 4.3 liters come w/ more than 164 rwhp? and where can i get some headers? what upgrade did the most for you? i am looking to upgrade my truck, but i was hoping for better numbers than 164rwhp stock.... guess i am out of luck:(

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
wellhung said:
j_gor78
Dont the 99 4.3 liters come w/ more than 164 rwhp? and where can i get some headers? what upgrade did the most for you? i am looking to upgrade my truck, but i was hoping for better numbers than 164rwhp stock.... guess i am out of luck:(
That is rear wheel horsepower on the dyno, a stock 99 has 180 flywheel horsepower, stock with no mods would probably put out about 150 hp or so, maybe a little less being an automatic but still 164rwhp isn't too bad, although he does have quite a few mods.

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
I am probably up to about 175rwhp now...a stock 4.3 auto on this dyno put out 135rwhp!! The best mods I did were the roller rockers, jba's and probably the pulleys!!
But the best upgrade of all was n2o!! I will be pushing 275rwhp once I get the bugs worked out!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i want to get rid of the torque management, makes my tranny shift like poop

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
hppIII is suppose to firm shift points

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess my only options are the hppIII or a custom burn, the hypertech may be the best option since i don't have that many engine mods ya think??

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
yes you would do a custom flash last...and the only way to get rid of torque management is with a custom flash!! Go with the programmer it will get you started!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts