S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I just wanted to let everyone know that the power performance balljoints are definately worth buying. I just recently finished my air ride install on my s10 and I used factory replacement upper and lower balljoints. After the bags were put in, we let the air out to lay it flat. Well.. the fatory style uppers were putting the susp. in a bind and only letting the frame come within an inch or so of laying flat. Keep in mind I'm running 215/45/17s right now, trimmed lca and trimmed bag cups. So to say the least, the $40 spent was well worth it.

later,
Mike

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
arent these the same ball joints that come with suicidedoors arms if requested? i can't wait for those!

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
03 S10 eXtreme said:
arent these the same ball joints that come with suicidedoors arms if requested? i can't wait for those!

i think they come with them

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they come with them from what I hear. You can also buy them seperately. All I know is that I'm a believer now lol.

mike

·
Registered
389 Posts
They do come with the SD control arms, and we do sell them on an individual basis too. A lot of time went into designing our ball joints.

We subscribe to the "overengineering" philosophy here - we know how you guys love the beefy stuff.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
how did you know the factory ones were binding???

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah they'll work with our stock control arms. I found out that the factory style ones were binding when we adjusted the camber all the way in and it layed out. Basically we ended up taking the nuts completely out.
To find them on SD.com just go to the Control Arm section.. They sell both the upper and lower ones. $40 a pair. WELL worth it..

later
mike

·
Registered
917 Posts
wait wait wait, I thought the factory ball joints were pressed in, arent these new ones bolt in. So one would just press out the old ones and drill some holes to mount them? Will this eliminate the need to pie cut? (someone please post yes twice, or I'll be disapointed)

·
many faces
361 Posts
pics?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts