S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have been having some problems with my '98 2.2, 125,xxx miles. Last week my SES light came on and I started to lose power, especially in the high end. I scanned the computer and came up with a "P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction" error. I replaced the sensor and cleared the code, however, while the SES light has not come back on, I still have no power. The power loss comes on at around 3000-3500 rpm and it is difficult for my truck to accelerate past 50 mph. The exhaust/engine note from the truck sounds very "hollow"; that is the best word I can think of to explain the sound it makes. Wires and plugs were replace about 30,000 miles ago and as far as I know I can hear nothing rattling in my catalytic converter. Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Cliffs: SES light, P0335 error ==> changed crankshaft position sensor, power loss above 3000rpm, hollow sounding.

·
Damn Potholes
28 Posts
my truck just started doing the same thing this weekend. mines a 99. 150000 km. No highway power the most noticable. no engine light though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts