S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who has put power locks in their trucks, what they used, etc. I've been looking at a set from AutoLoc (CK2000) with remote entry, and i'm thinking about using it. does anyone else have it, do you like or dislike it, and any other suggestions.

thanks in advance
cyberfoe :stickpoke

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
i used autoloc's kit. i can grab some pics of the install. did it a long long time ago ;) still runs like damn turbo locks.

i had to make new actuator rods though with good ol strong coat hanger made from thick copper rod. after i found a spot to mount the motor, I measured and clipped new rod and finished up.

the hard part is running the wire back to the fuse box (just timeconsuming is all... not hard) and finding a good spot for the power motor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you use the remote entry kit? also, do you have an alarm system and if so were there any problems

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I got the full kit from autoloc with alarm and it works fine, the only problem I had was programming the remotes but I eventually got them programmed.
the locks are extremely fast and they work great.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
if you can get a pic of an open door (taken apart) I can show you where I mounted the actuators. finding the right place was the hard part.
or I can try to get a pic from my truck, might take a while.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why did you need to make a new actuator rod, are the ones it comes with not very strong? also, if you could come up with some pics of the install i would greatly appreciate it my email is [email protected] i appreciate all of your help

cyberfoe

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I made my own rod also, I was going to use it as a template for the ones supplied but it was strong enough so I didn't bother bending the one they supplied.
the ones they supply work fine, I used it on one door.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
you don't need any switches, when you lock or unlock any of the doors the other ones do the same thing at the exact same time, there is no delay which is pretty cool.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
if you get the one with the alarm you can set it so it automatically locks when the ignition is turned on and it unlocks when you turn the ignition off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you add a switch into it? also, what were you talking about programming the remotes. sorry about all the questions, i just like to know how things work

thanks
cyberfoe

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
i ran all the switchs/wiring through the firewall door under the carpet and made a middle console out of fiber and mdf board, carpeted it and made a nice switch mount for locks and windows.

i made actuator rods because the ones i got wouldn't fit right where i wanted to mount the motor.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
programming the remotes is just like doing it for a garage door, but mine wouldn't program right. the little computer thing was messed up and it didn't want to accept a new remote. they both work fine now so don't worry.
I am pretty sure you can add switches, but I didn't.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awesome... i really appreciate the info guys

kalgor - did you say you had some pics of your install?? if so i would really like to see them

once again, thanks to both of you
cyberfoe

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
i said i can take some pics.

i'll do that after work today... hopefully i can get enough light to show you were i mounted it. wiring is all covered up since I ran my switches through the floor carpet into a console.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts