S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 91 s-10 with a 2.5. clean truck, low miles great for drop but i want a little more power out of it. I know about the TKS Pacesetter exhaust and some company Clifford Performance or somethin that makes headers but is there anythng else i can do to up the HP/torque of this 4 banger? thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey man what's up, i got the same truck. I put a Ractive Intake from a 92-95 civic on my engine(you have to cut it about an 1 or 2 or more if you like) and i noticed an improved. There is also a
Superchip you can get that adds 10hp and 14fpt, i am getting that pretty quick, that's about it, i also have 2 Blue Bottle mufflers from Midas(one where the converter is and one where the muffler was) and my exhaust sounds nice. One question, is your engine loud, like the fan or something, a high pitch idle, mine is and it's ****ing annoying. any questions or comments feel free to ask

later

mark

·
Registered
53 Posts
I meant 1 inch or 2

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sometimes mine has a high pitch idle but it usually smoothes out after initial startup, also where can i get the superchip you speak of. if you are lookin or some performace parts for 4 bangers i noticed Esten performance has some parts that they claim are suitable for "all applications" but i am sceptical. if you come across anything else the hop up a 2.5 then please send me info on it. thanks. -lance.

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also id look into getting a lightweight flex fan or preferably an electric fan because the stock water pump mounted fans make alot of drag and redue HP some.

·
Big Dreamer w/low Budget
207 Posts
Hey do you have pics of that intake? and exhaust?

·
Registered
53 Posts
don't have a scanner sorry

·
Registered
53 Posts
SuperChip

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Look through the chevy performance parts catalog and look under fiero parts, and pick them clean on 2.5 perf stuff and have it....same engine....just mounted different

Caleb

·
Power Hungry Member
5 Posts
what type of performance parts do they offer for the fiero, i have never seen much to speak of in performance catalogs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.