S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 2wd Reg Cab S10 2.8L V6 with no options, no power brakes or power steering. I would like to put power brakes in and i have a couple questions regarding it.

1. How do I find out which booster needs to be used, bc apparently there were 3 boosters each had a different code labeled directly on the front of the booster. But since my truck didnt come with power brakes it would not be listed under my parts idenification sticker in the glove box. I have to used boosters from 1st gens with 2 different codes. Not sure what one to use. Any information on this would be helpful.

2. Regarding the vacuum line from the intake to the booster, there is a line coming off the front of my intake and it looks like it was capped from the factory. Im assuming that would be the line but im not sure.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hi did you go and ask the dealer. i dont think there is a differance. as for the plug if air goes thru it. it should work. i have a 90 s10 blazer 2 wheel drive. i want to change to manual brakes. would you sell the setup. please let me know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep you in mind when i swap the manual master cylinder out. Has anyone else put power brakes into a manual brakes truck?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts